28

Roxy was jolted up from sleep that morning by the blare of her phone. She looked over at the phone, it was just few  minutes to six o'clock, which meant that the alarm was soon going to go off. She rolled over to the side she had dumped her phone the previous night and picked it up.

"Detective Roxy" she said groggily.

"Of course it's you" the unmistakable voice of Sydney said over the phone.

She rolled her eyes "Please tell me it's not another body" she said, sitting up in her bed.

He sighed "Its Steve's mum" he said after a pause.

Her heart skipped a bit "you found her body?"

PLEASE SAY NO

"We found her" he stated plainly.

WHAT THE HELL

"What does that mean Sydney, you found her body?" She asked "oh God, Steve would be so devastated"

"You need to get over here as soon as you can" he said "I was just called in few minutes ago, and I decided to call you..."

Roxy rolled her eyes, what are partners for by the way?

"...right away, you should get in here. I am out of bed and about to shower, please do the same too"

She sighed heavily.

"You should fix yourself something to eat fast, or grab something on your way here, I have a feeling today would be a long day"

She slowly stood up from bed "where is 'here' exactly Sydney?"

"At the station, she was taken to the hospital just minutes ago"

Her heart did a somersault.

IF SHE WAS DEAD, WASN'T SHE MEANT TO BE IN A MORGUE?

"You mean the morgue?" She asked.

Sydney cursed under his breath "She isn't dead Roxy, but she is in a pretty bad state. Remember this might be one of the longest days we would have on this case"

She stood to her feet, finding it hard to comprehend what it was he had just said "So you're saying, he let her out alive?"

He sighed "That's what I am saying, but I didn't say she was in the state to talk to the cops yet"

Roxy ran a hand through her head "Steve said he had been stalking him, and I am pretty sure he knows that the young man talked to us. Then why let the woman go? It doesn't add up"

TRUE

She heard him curse under his breath at the other end "When you look at the whole thing, nothing seems to really add up. But if he let her out, and she has no wound whatsoever to her head that might disrupt her memories"

"Like Peggy"

"Like Peggy, then we might find out something this time. Something of interest"

"I will be there" she said before  she hung up and hurried into the shower. The last thing on her mind as she turned on the shower was something to eat. How could she even worry about what to eat with a serial killed on the loose.

WHAT WAS HIS MOTIVE?

WHAT DID HE WANT?

WHAT WOULD HE GAIN FROM THEIR DEATHS?

She totally had no answer whatsoever to these questions. So when she grabbed her jacket and her keys, she only had one thing in mind. Which was, how to catch the killer.

Do you think Steve's mother would remember what he had done to her? Would she remember anything of interest? Who do you think the killer is?

Please hit the star button😍