11

After an ambulance came to carry Jeanie off, Abbie and her friends sat in a corner refusing to talk to anyone. It wasn't even up to eight yet and this kind of tragedy had already taken place.

"Hi" they heard an unfamiliar voice say behind them.

They turned and came face to face with a light skinned blonde, she took out her badge and flashed it on their faces, beside her stood a stout man with a cone of ice cream on his hand as he licked away.

"I'm Detective Sidney" she said "and this is my partner Detective Roxy. We would be taking the case of your friend"

Abbie nodded gently clinging tightly to the blanket that was now covering her. An intern had offered one to each of them, she had promised to drop it off to them at the hospital the next day.

"We are truly sorry for your loss" Roxy said "but we would find the killer who did this"

Peggy nodded too, they all found it difficult to believe that Jeanie was now a loss. They hadn't even brought themselves to face David when he had rushed down to see his battered wife. He look devastated, he looked quite lost and finished.

"If you don't mind, I would love to see you all tomorrow at the station" Sidney said "as early as morning, would that be fine with you all?"
.
They all nodded and the cops were on their way.

The next morning, as early as morning Mildred was the first to be questioned by the cops.

Sidney clasped her hand together and stared at her "who do you think would have loved to hurt Jean?" She asked calmly.

Milly removed her sunshade. Her face had swollen a great deal and she had on purple eye-shadow to mask her big swollen eyes but not of the lipstick, eye-shadow or powder she wore hid the fact that she had been crying through the night and hadn't slept a wink.

She shook her head "I really don't know! I don't know who would want to hurt her, she was such a good person"

Sidney exhaled loudly "I understand you all were having a homecoming of some sorts, do you know anybody there who could have been holding a grudge on Jean? You know for something that might have happened in years past?"

Milly sniffed "If it was me that was killed I myself would have suspected Laura Croft, but I'm alive and as far as I know, there isn't any need for her to kill Jeanie"

The detective studied her for a while "Is Laura Croft the..."

"The ambassador, yes she is" Milly said quickly and began to cry again.

"Why would you think she might have a reason to want to hurt you?" The cop asked.
"Because of something that happened in the past, but as for Jeanie she was cool trust me"

After much crying, Milly left and Peggy entered.

"I don't know why anyone would want to hurt her" Peggy cried "but I mean it was years ago! If she offended someone years ago, then it wouldn't come back to kill her now right?"

The detective bowed her head "it could Peggy, that's the sad thing. Do you know anyone who was in that hall that could be mad with her about something"

Peggy wiped her eyes "I only know of one, his name is Reid but I am going out with him" she said "I mean I am not so sure he is angry with her but he is the only one I can think of right now"

The detective took out a notepad and jotted the name. "Why would you think that?"

Peggy sighed "he was always pestering her back then but we would always say bad things to him, really bad things" she said "but when he surfaced in town, he was being good, not exactly friendly to them but he is to me"

Sidney jotted down too "You said you were going out with him right? Have you discovered anything strange about him?"

Peggy shook her head "he is quite normal to me Detective"

Sidney nodded "of course Peggy" she said "we are done, but please if you remember anything that could help, please call me or my partner"

Peggy stood up and hugged herself "Jesus, I can't believe this" she muttered and turned to leave, when she reached the door she stopped "I just remembered something!"

Sidney's eyes lit up with interest "okay, have a seat"

"When we went to the funeral of one our lost friends, Frank Stort, she said she saw someone staring at us but when she turned to tell us, nobody was there again"

Sidney leaned forward "I think we are going somewhere, did she describe him to you?"

"He had his whole body covered. He was on cowboy hat, had on a suit that went down well to his wrists, then he had his hands tucked in his pockets. She said he was wearing shades too and she couldn't make out anything about him"

Sidney's hands tightened into a fist "Oh God, no. So she didn't recognize him or anything? No hair colour? No height frame, nothing!"

Peggy shook her head and began to cry "I can't believe I doubted her for a second! I doubted her, I thought she was seeing things!"

Sidney wanted to asked her why she would assume that, but she let it go "That could be our man Peggy, call 911 immediately you notice anyone following you or anything strange okay?"

Peggy shivered a bit "okay"

She stood up and went towards the door, then turned again "you would find who did this to her, won't you?"

Detective Sidney nodded immediately "of course I will Peggy, I will"

Make your guesses in the comment box, who do you think killed Jeanie and why? I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Have a nice day!😆😆

HOME COMINGजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें