10

Abbie arrived just as early as everyone else. The room was blaring with loud music and there were many copies of yearbooks on the tables. Abbie stepped into the hall and was greeted by her two excited friends. They wowed and ohhed. It was no surprise when Peggy stepped in looking the best of her best. It was nothing new since she was already the most stylish among the three friends.

"You all look great!" Peggy said clutching at her black and golden clutch purse.

Abbie smiled "I'm glad we didn't miss this for anything in the world"

Milly clapped and took poured herself a cup of champagne.
"I ain't seeing anything dramatic here, this better be fun" she said.

"I think things are about to get dramatic" Peggy said and held up her hand "but I don't know about Fun"

"What do you..."

Jeanie's question was abruptly cut off by a curt "

"Hello Mildred" a very familiar voice called out.

Mildred gasp, then took a deep breath and tried to regain herself before she faked a smile and turned to look at who had called her.

"Laura Croft" Milly said feigning happiness and clapping with enthusiasm that she didn't feel.

"Oh you do seem a lot happier than I am" she snapped, causing Milly's cheek turn light pink in embarrassment.

Jean moved in for her "its just that you look beautiful" she said.

Laura huffed "of course I look beautiful! I am made over by the most expert of hands and my skin is taken care of by the best. I pay my hair stylist way mire than you earn in a year. These clothes costs more then every single note of money you've spent since you were born"

Abbie gasped "wait, what!"

Laura smiled at them all, "so you see you have to look beautiful unless you're cursed to be ugly!"

Peggy moved in this time "Hold on woodpecker. What are you doing here?'

" homecoming like everyone else" she shrugged.

"What do you want here Laura Croft" Peggy pressed on.

"To have some actions with Milly" she said "and you know what? I wouldn't want to spoil the suspense for you"

Milly huffed and picked up her champagne, then she flung her hair and smiled at her "Laura we all came here to have fun and meet again" she said "maybe right our wrongs"

Laura huffed "right your wrongs? This is a homecoming and not some church service!"

This time Abbie intervened "She is sorry for whatever happened back then Laura, you should let go please"

Laura chuckled then looked at her "let go?" She turned and looked around "I will be seeing you around" then she turned and walked out.

"Well that's some weirdo" someone said behind them. They turned all at one to behold a tall man with sea green eyes, strong hands and heavenly made abs, beautiful brown eyes that Abbie sure remembered sent goose bumps down her skin every time they stared at her.

"Ray!" Abbie exclaimed. He smiled down at her. Oh that smile, she thought. What a waste he was a Priest now, she remembered fantasizing about having children with him but the painful part was that he never did ask her out.

Ray tucked on his collar. It was weird seeing him there, you know a Priest at a party...well it was just a get together.

"You all didn't change a lot" he stated.