Prince Caspian X - Part I

The Lost Narnian - Part I
"Caspian, please ~!" the young girl pouted, clinging onto the young boy's arm. "Please, can we play in the woods!"
"Aurora, you know the rules," young Caspian warned, "Father said we're not allowed into the woods. And Uncle Miraz as well -"
"I don't like that man," Aurora frowned, halting in her begging to her best friend. "Caspian, are you sure you're related to him?"
"Aurora!" Although he shouldn't have, he couldn't help but laugh at her question. "You can't say that about him! What if someone heard?"
"Oh please," she rolled her eyes, "as if people come into the library. Besides, there's something about him that unnerves me. He reeks of. . .evilness."
"Does he? Is it because you're. . ." Caspian looked around cautiously for any listeners before he leaned in closer to her. "Narnian?"
"Shh!" Aurora clasped a hand over her best friend's mouth. He raised his hands up in surrender. "Caspian, what if someone heard?"
"The only one who would have heard was Professor and he already knows what you are and wouldn't tell on you," Caspian assured her. He looked to her with awe. "I can't believe you're the daughter of Aslan."
"Well, since the Kings and Queens of Old left Narnia, he needed someone trustworthy to look after the Narnians, hence making me."
"How exactly did he make you -?"
"Caspian!" she squealed, smacking his arm as he laughed loudly. "I don't want to know that!"
"But seriously," he said when his laughter faded away. "Is it true? There are still Narnians alive?"
"That's why your Uncle is fully against people leaving here," Aurora explained lowly to the curious boy. "Some still linger, I can sense them. Besides, the Professor told you the legends for a reason, you know."
"Really?" He stared perplexed. She rolled her eyes in reply.
"You're so gullible," she grumbled. "Caspian, when you become King, that's our chance for us Narnians to have our lands back. That's why the Professor tells you the stories of the Golden Age, why he hasn't ratted me out that I'm a Narnian. It's so when you become king, you give all of us the justice we deserve."
"That's. . ." Caspian faltered. "That's a lot of pressure."
"We have time, it's not going to happen immediately," she assured him. "And I'll be with you every step of the way. But pleaassee~" she grabbed his arm again. "Please, can we go to the woods? Only for a bit, I promise! I need to be around nature for a bit!"
"Okay, okay," Caspian gave in, showing a small smile of excitement. "Let's go before anyone finds out!"

***

"She's what?" The trusted Professor silenced the young prince, looking around worriedly. But Caspian was having none of it. "What do you mean she's gone!"
"I don't know how, but Miraz has found out who Aurora truly is. He wanted her captured, but she ran into the woods. They came back empty handed."
"What about my Father - he wouldn't have allowed this!"
"Prince Caspian, your father knows how much the two of you mean to each other, but he can't go against the laws -"
"Then he can change it!" Caspian seethed. "Narnians aren't beasts like Miraz says, Aurora is innocent!"
"He can't, and you know he can't." The old man looked to him sternly. "Being king is not all easy and fun, he can't change it instantly. He has the people to think of."
"But -" Caspian collapsed to the nearest chair, hiding his face from his mentor. He didn't want the professor to see him crying.
The old man sighed sadly, sitting beside the young prince and bringing him into a side hug. "I know how much she meant to you, but she wouldn't want you to worry yourself over her. She'll be back, I know it. And when it comes for you to rule, you'll make things right for us all. For Aurora. For Aslan."

***

A few years later. . .
When he came across the Narnians, he hoped to see a particular person he hadn't seen in years to no avail. Aurora was not in sight amongst the Narnians he became allies with.
"Have you guys seen Aurora during the years?" Caspian asked them desperately. "Aurora is a Narnian like you all, and she said she was the daughter of Aslan."
"Aurora?" Reepicheep gasped, approaching the young prince. "That's where she has been this whole time? In Telmar?"
"She ran away a few years ago because Miraz found out about her and tried to capture her," Caspian replied confused. "Are you saying you haven't seen her during the years?"
"The last we heard from her was years ago," Trumpkin spoke up. "She told us she would stay with the Telmarines to get some information. Haven't heard from her since."
"But. . ." Caspian almost whispered. "If she hasn't been with you, did she truly escape all those years ago, or was she. . ." He couldn't bear to think of the thought of her being dead. "Surely she'll come," he murmured. "The horn brought all of us together here, maybe she's coming as well." The Narnians all looked to one another worried. If she hasn't be heard from on either side, where was she? Was she alive to this day? What happened to Aurora?

***

He was relieved to see his Professor alive and rushed to get him out of the cell. When he was about to leave the Professor after telling him what was happening, the old man held him back. "Don't underestimate Miraz as your father did," he warned the young prince. Caspian froze. Was Miraz the reason why his father was dead?
"What are you talking about?" Caspian asked lowly. His friend lowered his head guiltily.
"I'm sorry," he murmured. Caspian went to leave in fury when he was held back again. "Wait! There's more!"
"How could there be more?" Caspian hissed. "I need to go to that man -"
"It's Aurora!"
"What?" Caspian grabbed the man's shoulders. "What about her! Is she safe?"
"I'm sorry, I didn't know until I was put here. . ." Professor said ashamed. Caspian shook the man's shoulders for him to continue. "I heard screams from someone getting tortured. And I recognised the voice. . ." Caspian was gone before he knew it, seeking revenge his father and friend deserved.

***

The door opened, followed by the sound of hurried footsteps that approached her unconscious form. The person gently shook her. "Aurora!" The professor whispered. "Aurora, we need to go now!"
"P-Professor?" The girl now a young damaged woman slowly woke up. "Is that you?"
"Yes, my dear, let's go." The man took off the cuffs that hung her against the wall, helping her stand. "I'm sorry we came so late. . ."
"Caspian, is he okay?" Aurora whispered, wincing at every movement.
"He's fine, there's a battle going at the moment with the Narnians -"
"What?" Aurora gained enough strength to look up to see a battle ahead. They veered away from the sight, however. "Professor -"
"We need to get out of here!" the man insisted. "Caspian will meet us after the raid -"
"He could be in danger!"
"Aurora -"
"FALL BACK!" They heard from a distance. And then Aurora saw it; a Minotaur holding the gates open for the Narnians to flee. She looked further in the battle and saw Caspian being cornered by Telmarines and knew what she had to do.
"Aurora, no!" But it was too late, she was already running into battle, easily swerving away from people to get to her destination despite her body screaming in pain.
She at one point grabbed a stray sword from the ground and stabbed one of the men that tried to kill Caspian. Said man stared at his long lost friend in surprise. "Aurora?" he gasped.
"We have no time, we must go." She grabbed his hand and led him to the gates. The two gasped when arrows were suddenly embedded into the minotaur. The gate was falling.
Without another thought she dragged Caspian to the falling gates, pushing him out just as the gates separated the two. Caspian slammed into the gates in panic, banging it as if it would open beneath his hands.
"Aurora!" he cried, the remaining Narnians hitting at the gate as well, wanting to escape. Aurora smiled at him sadly, grabbing his hand through the gates. Caspian looked to her with tears escaping his eyes. He just got her back after all these years only for her to get stolen away.
"I'm sorry," she whispered. "But I'd rather have you safe than trapped here."
"But Aurora -"
"It's okay," she assured him through her own tears, pressing a kiss to his knuckles. "You save Narnia, you hear me? You give the Narnians their land. Make Aslan proud. Make me proud."
"Aurora. . ."
   "Caspian!" A centaur arrived, grabbing the young prince much to his dismay. Peter and Susan were off to the distance waiting for him. It was Susan who called out. "Caspian we have to go!"
"No!" Caspian yelled, trying to escape the grasp of the centaur. "I can't - I can't leave her!" He grabbed the gates again where her hands laid. With one hand he reached for the back of her head, pulling her to him so he could press his lips to hers. He pulled away with a sob, noticing the archers shooting at everyone in the courtyard. "Aurora. . ."
"I love you," she whispered, a gasp escaping her lips after she uttered the three words. Caspian screamed out in agony when he saw she got shot by one of the arrows. The centaur finally grabbed him and started running with the man over his shoulders.
Caspian still struggled in the grasp, watching as they disappeared further away from Aurora, screaming her name.
The Pevensie siblings could hear his cries from the front of their remaining army, looking to each other sad and guiltily. Out of all the hardships the young prince has endured recently, this was the one that truly crushed Caspian.