Adam Jackson fluff (Criminal Minds)

A/N: Just watched the Criminal Minds episode featuring Jackson Rathbone and just...he's just a smol bean!😭 This is just a small fluff on him.

The Girl He Loved
He adored her. She was everything to him. Ever since they met at the Hudson hotel where they both worked at (him living there eventually), they've been inseparable. Time went by, and the next thing he knew, he's fallen in love with her, her returning the feelings. He was amazed that an amazing woman like her fell for someone broken like him. He knew he hit jackpot, and he was intent on not losing her.

Everything was going fine until Spring Break.

***

"I need to see Julie!" Adam demanded. Reid looked to him confused and suspicious. "Evelyn. . ." Adam whispered. "Oh, Evelyn will be worried. . ."
   "Evelyn?" Reid asked curiously. "Who's Evelyn?"
   "I need to talk to Julie!" Adam said again, ignoring his question.

***

"Who's Evelyn?" Reid asked him curiously.
   "Evelyn?" Adam ran his hand across the wall of the room. "Why?"
   "You mentioned her earlier when you were requesting to talk to Julie." Reid watched him carefully. "You said she was going to be worried."
   "Evelyn. . ." Adam murmured. He smiled at the mention of her. "She's my life. She means everything to me. I love her."
   "And she loves you?" Reid perked up at the new information. "Tell me about her."
   "She's kind. Amazing. Beautiful. Generous. Selfless." Adam listed off. "She loves me for who I am. She doesn't care about my flaws. She loves me. And I love her."
   "How did you two meet?"
   "At the hotel." he answered. "She was new to the job and I was to show her around. We hit it off."
   "You're a very lucky man, Adam." Reid smiled at him genuinely, a small hint of pity in his tone. If Adam was one of the Unsub duo, then Evelyn. . .
   "Would you do anything for Evelyn?"
   "Anything." Adam said instantly.

***

The team sat across the room, Reid watching Adam and Julie sign their papers. Reid and Adam were pulled out of their stare down by the entrance door suddenly slamming open, a panicked woman entering.
   "Adam?" she called out. She noticed him in front of her, breathing out a sigh of relief. "Oh, Adam!"
   It was like a switch suddenly flipped in Adam. From looking arrogant towards Reid, his entire form slumped, relief and adoration shining through him. "Evelyn. . ."
   "Madison told me you were here -"
   "Hey, hey," he cupped her face, smiling at her gently, "i-it's okay. I'm fine. Julie and I are okay. See?"
   "You had me worried." She pulled him into another hug.
   "Excuse me?" Reid appeared at their side. "I'm from the FBI; Doctor Spencer Reid."
   "Evelyn Matthews." She shook his offered hand. The team looked to each other curiously. Reid never shook hands, so why did he suddenly shake hers? "Is everything okay? I heard from the staff that Adam -"
   "Everything is fine, I assure you." Reid assured her. "We just had some questions to ask Julie and Adam."
   "Everything is good now, yes?"
   "Actually, if it's not too much of a trouble. . ." Reid looked at her sheepishly. "Can I ask you a couple of questions?"
   For once, Reid saw the inner alpha in Adam. And it was all because of Evelyn Matthews.
   "W-Why does she need to be questioned?" Adam stood in front of her protectively. "Sh-she's done nothing."
   "I know, but she works at the hotel as well, so it's best to ask as many staff as we can." Reid said quickly. Adam didn't look convinced.
   "Adam. . ." She placed a hand on his arm, drawing his attention to her. "I'll be fine."
   "O. . .Okay." Adam quickly and shyly planted a kiss to her cheek. "I'll be at the hotel."
   "I'll meet you two there." They left, but not before Adam sent one last lingering look to her. When his and Reid's eyes connected, a certain hatred and warning was in his eyes. It befuddled Reid further.