Bucky Barnes

A/N: Inspired from a prompt book by princess_sterek

Also, pretend Civil War never happened.

"I told you so."
"I can't believe it," Steve chuckled, bringing his best friend into a bro hug. "Bucky Barnes the player finally settles down with a gal."
"Gee, thanks for the faith in me." said man rolled his eyes sarcastically, making sure to hit Steve's shoulder harder than usual with his left hand. Steve winced slightly, sending a small joking glare. They turned to the kitchen in Stark's Tower where Natasha Romanoff sat with Bucky's gal, Lucy Waters. Bucky automatically smiled when he heard Lucy's laughter. Steve noticed.
"I'm glad you're getting better after HYDRA," Steve said to him genuinely. Bucky smiled back at him sincerely.
"Thanks to Lucy," he nodded to the woman. "I don't know what would have happened to me if she didn't spot me at the Smithsonian."
"Go MIA, lost in a different time era?" They observed the woman from afar. "She's so different to you. You're serious and all, and then she's. . .the epitome of positivity." Bucky agreed to his statement. "You two are such polar opposites but fit well together."
"I love her. That's all that matters." Bucky said softly, looking at the love of his life lovingly. The moment was ruined when Tony came to them with a snort.
"She's so positive and energetic and cute that she's an easy target for you."
   "Don't think about hurting her -"
   "Chill, Ice Berg Number Two!" Tony raised his hands in surrender. "I'm not going to hurt her. You're so protective."
  "Just don't mess with her." Bucky waved off. "You'll regret it."
   "Noted." Tony looked to Steve with raised eyebrows. Steve merely shrugged.

***

"Where is she?" Bucky demanded as he stormed into the meeting room. All of the Avengers stared at him sadly. "And how the hell did HYDRA get her?"
   "It seems they got her when she went clothes shopping by herself," Tony answered, looking through all cameras in the world to find the one being that kept the Winter Soldier sane. "I almost got their location, you guys should suit up while I get it."
   When they were getting ready to get back Bucky's girlfriend, Steve clasped a comforting hand on his friend's shoulder. "Don't worry, Buck. We'll get her back unharmed."
   "I know," Bucky sighed. "I just hate this happened to her. There's one thing you should know when it comes to her: they're gonna regret messing with her."

***

When they arrived at the abandoned warehouse, the Avengers glanced to one another warily. "All we have to do is get in there, take down all the HYDRA people and rescue Lucy - wait, Bucky!" Steve went after his best friend who merely kicked open the door, entering the abandoned building. The others had no choice but to follow the soldiers.
   When they entered the warehouse, Steve was looking around confused, Bucky no longer in sight. "I don't know where he went," Steve told them when they approached him. Tony looked around using his scanner.
   "He's heading for the third floor," Tony answered.
   "Is there any heat signature for Lucy?"
   "None. I can't see anything on the third floor as a matter of fact. . ."
   "Third floor it is, then," Natasha announced. "Can't let Bucky have all the fun."
   When they reached their destination on the third floor, they were expecting to hear bullets go off along with the sound of HYDRA agents getting beaten from the Winter Soldier only to hear silence.
   Entering the floor, they were startled at the view before them.
   Bucky was hugging a rugged Lucy close to his chest, HYDRA agents on the floor knocked out. They lowered their weapons.
   "You already got to them?" Steve asked Bucky shocked. To their surprise, he shook his head.
   "We were too late," he said much to their confusion. "I told you so. Don't mess with Lucy."
   "Lucy did this?" Natasha exclaimed.
   "You did this?" Tony exclaimed to the woman in Bucky's arms. She merely shrugged in reply, burying her head in Bucky's chest. Clint released a low whistle of approval, nudging one of the knocked out agents with the tip of his foot.
   "I told you not to mess with Lucy." Bucky shrugged. That's when it settled into their brains.

"Just don't mess with her. You'll regret it."

"They're gonna regret messing with her."

"You weren't warning us from you, you were warning us from her." Tony realised. "You knew all along that Lucy could handle herself!"
   "What. . .how. . ." Steve only got out.
   "Did not see this coming." Natasha mused. "Never thought you could kick ass, Lucy. Thought you were just a pretty face that could calm the Winter Soldier."
   "What was that saying?" Bucky asked innocently as he walked past them with Lucy. "It's always the happy and kind ones you have to look out for. You never know what they will do next."
   "I'll see you guys later!" Lucy smiled at them innocently, letting Bucky escort her away where Bruce will check over her. The remaining Avengers couldn't help but gape at the scene before them. Lucy Waters, petite girl that was all smiles and positivity, easily demolished a group of HYDRA agents without any help. Turns out Bucky and Lucy aren't as different as they seem. . .

The End

A/N: only a short one, yolo