Kyoya Ootori

A/N: Ouran High School Host Club was the second anime I watched/read...

The Fianceé
"Kyoya, meet Adaron's only daughter, Kumiko Souen." He gave the girl a fake smile, something she instantly noticed and tilted her head at him in curiosity.
"Nice to meet you, Miss Souen." Kyoya bowed, pressing a chaste kiss to her knuckles.
"Same to you." she said back.
"The Souens are well known for their restaurants." his father explained. "Mister Adaron and I decided to join our business together to help one another."
"That's wonderful to hear." Kyoya told them calmly with his fake smile. Again, Kumiko tilted her head at him.
"And in doing so, we decided the best way to do that is through marriage." Kyoya's eyes widened at that. So that means. . .
"Kyoya, you are going to marry Kumiko Souen after graduation."

And that, changed everything.

***

"You have a fiancée?" Tamaki yelped, looking at Kyoya with betrayal, Renge dancing in the background. "How come you never told me?"
"Last time I checked, she wasn't my fiancée." Kyoya replied calmly. The group all sighed in relief. "I believe I met my fiancée when I started at Ouran, and she is not Renge."
"WHAT!" they all yelled.

Oh boy. . .

***

"Senpai. . ." The twins saddled up to the Shadow King's side. Not once did Kyoya glance at them, working away on his laptop.
"Yes Hikaru, Kaoru?" he asked them in a monotone.
"When do we get to meet -"
"-your fiancée?" they asked.
"When I graduate."
"What?" they complained. "Why?"
"Because that's when we're getting married." He closed his pineapple laptop, going to his black notebook. "After graduation."
"But that's so far away!" they complained.
"And why are we only meeting her when you're getting married?" Kaoru whined.
"Because," he said simply, "I said so. Besides, she's busy." A flash of concern crossed his face momentarily before it disappeared. They noticed the look, but did not mention it. "Excuse me, it is time for me to leave. I am having dinner with said girl we were just talking about, along with our fathers."
"Hey Hikaru?" Kaoru asked his twin, watching as the Shadow King walked away.
"Yes, Kaoru?"
"You saw that look didn't you."
"Yep."
"What do you think he's hiding?"
"Dunno." They sent each other sly looks. "Do you wanna find out?"
"You read my mind, brother dear."

***

"So how are you and Miss Souen fairing?" his father asked him during dinner.
"It's going fine." Kyoya answered him calmly. "We are planning to spend a day together tomorrow to know each other more before we get married."
"Very good." his father stated, nodding in agreement. "I don't want you to start creating any family scandals between us." Kyoya bowed his head down towards his food. "Don't disappoint me."
"Don't worry, I won't." Kyoya vowed. Despite hating the idea of being engaged to some rich girl, he was willing to do it if it meant good business for their family. He wasn't aware, however, that he would find genuine love during the process.

***

He observed the other hosts as they entertained their guests in the gardens, dressed in their kimonos. Watching as the cherry blossom leaves flew around, Kyoya couldn't help but think of her, and how much she loved seeing the cherry blossoms in this season.
"Kyoya. . ." Said boy looked up from his notebook in surprise, seeing his fiancée standing in front of him in a green kimono. Her brown hair was done up nicely with her fringe above her eyes, her brown eyes gleaming with love and happiness.
"Kumiko?" he blinked. "H-How. . ."
"Today is one of my rare good days, it seems." she giggled. "Aren't you going to hug your sick fiancée?" And Kyoya did just that. In a blink of an eye he had swooped in, arms wrapped around her waist, hers around his neck. He had buried his face in her neck, holding her body tight to him. It was the first time in a long time Kyoya had seen Kumiko almost healthy-looking.
"Better enjoy it while it lasts." she murmured into his neck. "Who knows when I have to be cooped up in a hospital room."