Loki Laufeyson

A/N: Dedicated to Macy_Lazy who even gave me a bit of some background for the one-shot. Hope you like it! I really tried in this one.

PS: I found this photo somewhere and thought how it kind of matches this story. It's fake obviously, but you know...

The Goddess of Blossom
"She is so cute," Frigga murmured, smiling down at the sleeping infant in her friend's arms. "It makes me wish that I have one."
"Now, now," Madeline Blom laughed lightly, "don't start getting regrets. That boy looks handsome."
"I don't have any regrets," Frigga smiled down at the infant boy in her arms lovingly. "But I think it would be nice if the boys had a girl with them. To keep them in check."
"Or to have someone in their pranks." Madeline pointed out. "No need to worry, My Queen. I have a feeling these two will play an important part in each other's life."
***
"Loki, no fair!" she pouted. "You're faster than me!"
"That's not my problem, is it not?" the little boy smirked proudly. "I won this race. Fair and square."
"Meanie."
"Kay, time to go!" Madeline called out to her.
"Coming, mother!" She turned back to her friend sadly. "I guess it's time for me to go back home."
"Don't leave, Kay." Loki pleaded, grabbing her hand. "Please? You can stay in my room, or in the guest chambers!"
"You know I can't." she sighed. "My mother's been feeling down lately. Father and I are trying to make her better."
"Well, good luck." Loki said reluctantly. "I guess I'll see you later."
"Yeah. See you later." Before she left, she turned to him one last time. "Promise me you won't leave me?"
"Of course!" Loki scoffed. He gave her a tight hug. "You're my best friend. I promise I won't leave you."
***
He stood beside his mother, watching as the boat that held Madeline Blom sailed away to the stars, an arrow landing in the boat and casting it on fire.
The sickness went to her years later in Kay's young adult years, saddening the family and friends. Because of that, Loki hasn't seen his best friend in ages.
He looked to the left and saw her with her father, both looking crushed and forlorn. Not once did Kay look in his direction, hurting him.
"Loki," he turned to his mother who had dry tears on her face, "time to go." Giving one last look to his friend, he followed his family back in the castle.

It wasn't until years later did the two friends reunite.

***

"Is this really necessary? Holding a grand feast for Thor?"
"He won his first battle. I think that's quite an accomplishment."
"Hm." Loki rolled his eyes. Frigga sent him a soft smile.
"No need for that attitude. You know we hold feasts for you as well."
"Oh really? When was the last time you held a feast in my honour?"
"When it was your birthday."
"Exactly. I only get feasts when it's my birthday. Thor however gets it for anything. First battle won, first spar won, his birthday - Hel, he might as well get one for reading a book for once!"
"Loki!" she scolded. "Enough of that. You know I love you both equally -"
"Tell that to Father."
"Why the sudden attitude, Loki?" Frigga questioned her son. "Why suddenly so rude?"
"It's. . .nothing." It was far from nothing. Today was the day Madeline Blom died, and he lost his best friend. Now all he had was Thor and his friends; and they don't really care about him for that fact.
Frigga smiled in understanding, holding his hand gently. "I know this day has bad memories," she whispered to him, "but do not worry. Everything will get better."
"Will it?" Loki asked her, showing his vulnerability. "I haven't heard from her in years. I don't even know what she looks like now."
"Well now you will."
"What?" Loki looked to his mother confused.
"I invited her to this feast. You will know when she comes. She is the Goddess of Blossom now." Frigga released his hand, patting his cheek gently before leaving his side, welcoming guests in the Great Hall.
Loki looked around, hoping to connect eyes with the familiar brown sharp eyes he now only saw in his dreams.

***

Loki was wandering around the feast bored, ignoring Thor who was at centre of attention, recalling his battle for the millionth time.
"Very courageous, isn't he." a woman said beside him. Loki scoffed.
"Please," he muttered, "he's just an egotistical man that thinks he's all high and mighty."
"Is that so?"
"I know so. I'm his brother."
"Ah. Jealousy?" Loki said nothing. "He's still quite brave, though. Shouldn't you think?"
"Well if you love him so much why don't you join the crowd and confess your undying love like so many other women have and get used for pleasure!" Loki hissed, turning to her with a glare. He felt like kicking himself until he reached Hel when he realised who he was talking to.
Familiar straight brown hair that went to mid back, angular face he so desired to caress, and the familiar sharp brown eyes that were at the moment laced with pain and anger. Loki felt like the worst man ever in the nine realms.

Some reunion they just had.

"Kay. . ." He reached a hand out to her, only for her to take a step back. "I -"
"Save it." she said stiffly. "I'll just be on my way. And not to Thor as you thought." She looked at him with a disappointed look. "You changed, Loki."
"And you haven't?" Loki's anger came back again. "I made a promise to you when we were younger to never leave each other. What did you do? You ignored me. You left me. Like I was some worthless thing on the side of the road. I changed for the bad, you say? It's because of you." He stood closer to her with menace. "Don't act like you're the innocent one here when really, you're not. You're the selfish one that left me alone to suffer -"

SLAP!

The Great Hall went silent, all eyes on the two. Loki's head was snapped to the side in shock, Kay breathing heavily and holding back tears. "You know damn well why I did that." she whispered, in an attempt to hide her pain. "I was hurting, and I couldn't see anything or anyone for days. You know why I didn't reply? Because I thought I would become a burden to you. Me, a mourning crying woman who missed her mother." She stood up straighter, face blank and hiding her emotions. "Clearly I was right." She left the Great Hall with a swish from her green and grey dress that reminded him of nature. The sound of the giant doors slamming could be heard in the silence.
"Loki," Frigga approached her saddened son. "What happened?"
"The anger got the best of me." Loki said in regret. Thor stood up.
"I shall go see is the lady is faring!" Thor declared. Onlookers whispered with admiration and approval, sending Loki looks of disappointment and anger.
"No," Loki mumbled, "I will."
"Haven't you caused enough damage, brother?"
"And there's a thing called forgiveness." He bowed to the people. "If you shall excuse me, continue on with the celebration. I apologise for this abrupt scene." Loki left as soon as he said the last word.

***

It wasn't hard to find the Goddess of Blossom. For one: she always goes to the Royal garden when wanting to be by herself. And two: there was a trail of blossom leaves leading him from her emotions.
Following the leaves, he noticed it was getting windier, and more leaves were flying around. Sitting on the bench in the middle of the gardens was the woman he was looking for. It seemed she wasn't aware of what was happening around her; she had her arms wrapped around herself, eyes closed tightly. Loki slowly made his way over to her.
"Kay?"
"Go away."
"Kay, please. . ."
"I'm not in the mood to talk to you. It's bad enough today is the day mother died."
"And the day I lost you." Loki added in quietly. He sat down beside her. "You're making quite a ruckus."
"Can't help it."
"You can. You just have to calm down."
"Who says I'm not?"
"The weather right now." He looked at her with adoration. "Open your eyes." he whispered. "See what power you hold."
Kay opened her eyes to see the mess, eyes widening in disbelief. "How -"
"Powers are connected to your emotions." Loki explained. "Right now you're feeling negative. In order for this to calm you need to feel calm and at peace."
"I can't." she whispered. "The pain. . .it's too much."
"I know," he wrapped his arms around her shoulders, pulling her to his chest, "I'm here for you. For now on. I promise to never leave you until the day I die." He rested his chin on her head, shutting his eyes tightly. "For I love you, and I have loved you for many years. And I'm sorry for not being there for you. Please, forgive me my love."
And just like that. . .

Everything went calm, and the cherry blossoms bloomed as well as their love for she had loved him for many years as well.

The End