Vernon (Seventeen)

A/N: Warning: this might be long and tedious. Not my best.

Reuniting at Japan
"Hansolie!" she cried, glomping him. Six-year-old Hansol held her back just as tight, stifling his cries. "I don't want to leave!"
   "I-It's okay," he said weakly, "just because we're going to be far away doesn't mean our friendship will!"
   "B-But. . ." she sniffled.
   "Don't worry, Fumi," he assured her, wiping her tears away, "I promise to find you in Japan when we're older, okay? You're my best friend, and I am not leaving you behind just because you move to a different country."
   "I love you, Hansol." she whimpered, hugging him tighter. "You're the best friend ever."

***

"S-Senshu! Senshu Park! Senshu Parku!"

The dongsaengs ran around the city, wondering where the damn park was. They even started asking civilians who happily showed them the way. But, nonetheless, they were still lost. And with Captain Mingyu away at the moment to get the butter mochi. . .
"I think if we go down this street it will bring us closer to the place." Hansol, now 19, told his brothers while staring down at their tablet.
"Are you sure?" Seungkwan peered over his shoulder to look at the screen. "We got to hurry, it's almost four-thirty!"
"Hang on, let's just ask one more person." Dino suggested, already walking towards a girl who was reading a book alone on a bench. Hansol hurried to the youngest member. "Uh, excuse me?"
"Sumimasen!" Hansol said in Japanese. The girl lifted her head only slightly to reveal her chocolate brown eyes over her book. "Senshu Parku desu ka?"
"Hai." She pointed to the left, and directed them where to go. And for once the directions being told made much more sense than the other ones, much to their surprise.
"Arigato gosaimasu!" the two thanked, running back to the others. Hansol looked back to her to send one last smile of thanks, only to see her staring at them already. He slowed momentarily when their eyes connected. For a moment, it felt like he knew her somehow. . .

***

They all started to pile into the room where they were going to have dinner, the hyungs still celebrating their win on the quest.
The younger members were challenged to a food mission, only to complete it but still don't get food. Because of that, Captain Mingyu revealed his backup plan: ramen cups.
While eating their dinner, they started small conversations - one in particular catching Hansol's attention.
"Yah, that girl really gave detailed descriptions to take us to Senshu Park." Dino told the others through ramen, making them look to him curiously. "Hey Vernon!"
"Yeah. . ." he mumbled, thinking back to that girl. That girl. . .she looked so familiar. . .
"She was quite pretty as well," Dino added much to his dismay, "I mean, Vernon hyung kept staring at her."
"Really?" the boys, even Hansol, exclaimed.
"Yeah!" Dino nodded. "But don't worry hyung, she looked to be quite interested in you."
"She could have been a carat." S.coups reminded them.
"Didn't act like it." Hansol found himself saying. "I mean, she stared at us as if we were normal people."
"Uh, I don't know. . ." DK said unsure. "I saw you guys go to her, and she mainly looked at you as if she was trying to figure out where she's seen you before."
"Well, I did find her kind of familiar. . ." Hansol admitted to them. They looked at him in surprise.
"Really?" they said.
"Yeah!" Hansol nodded. "I don't know why, but she just seemed really familiar to me. . ."
"Do you know anyone who lives in Japan?" Seungkwan asked him. Hansol shrugged in reply. "Well that definitely helped."
"You sure you don't know anyone from Japan?" Jeonghan tried. Hansol shook his head. "Oh well. You'll figure it out. Let's go onto our next game!"

***

"I love you, Hansol."

"You're the best friend ever."

"FUMI!"

Hansol sat upright from his bed with a gasp. It was Fumi. Fuyumi Cross, his childhood friend and crush. She moved to Japan for her father's job. They lost contact. He forgot about her. His first friend. How could he do that?
"Hm?" Seungkwan woke up from Hansol's yelp. "Vernon, you okay?"
"I remember her." Hansol whispered. "She was my childhood friend."
"Hm?" Seungkwan sounded confused. "Who?"
"The girl we got directions from." Hansol clarified. "She was my long-forgotten childhood friend." Seungkwan woke up instantly at that.
"And you didn't recognise her?" he exclaimed, only a small bit of sleep detected in his voice. "How could you forget your childhood friend?"
"I guess since I focussed so much on becoming a Kpop idol I forgot about the main reason why I wanted to be one." Hansol admitted regrettably. "I wanted to make not only my family, but Fumi proud. I was going to go and plan to find her in Japan. . ." Hansol trailed off with a shake of his head. "Aish I'm so stupid."
"Don't worry, we'll think of something." Seungkwan assured him. "You'll reunite with her again properly."

***

"Hansol!" she exclaimed, laughing through her screams. The boy had just shoved snow down her jumper much to her surprise, making her yell at him but still laugh in joy. "I'll get you for that!"
"Catch me if you can!" Little Hansol grinned, running away from the girl. They ran for half an hour before collapsing in the snow, looking up at the clear sky.
"If we ever lose each other. . ." Hansol said quietly, still staring up at the sky, "Just look up at the sky. Okay?"
"Why?" Fumi asked him curiously.
"Dunno." he shrugged. "Look up at the sky and remember this moment."
"Okay." she said with a shrug. Suddenly snow attacked his face. "Can't catch me!"

"While lying down on the snow. . ." Hansol grinned at the staff and camera. "I was watching the sky and. . .it really felt like heaven the most. I felt like I had become one with the sky and it made me remember a memory from when I was little. When I was with my childhood friend, Fumi." He smiled sincerely when he started speaking about his past. "It was a really fun day, and I remember telling her that if we ever lose each other, just look up at the sky and remember that day and how much fun we had." He looked to the staff sheepishly. "I can't believe I came across her without knowing. I wish I could see her again." The staff shared a secret look with one another, already creating their plan.
"If you ever meet her again," one of the staff spoke up, "would that ease your mind? Say, heal the burdens?" Oblivious to their hidden motive, Hansol nodded.
"Yeah, it would be healing," he admitted, "I haven't seen her in years and seeing her again and making things straight would really heal me."

***

"Isn't this déjà vu?" Mingyu asked them, watching as the hyungs and Seungkwan excluding Hoshi left them to 'logout'.
"We lost. Again." Dino sighed. "It's over."
"Well, not exactly. . ."
"Eh?" They looked to the staff concerned.
"How is it not over?" DK asked them fearfully. The staff couldn't help but feel offended by how little the boys trusted them. It was just one Castaway. . .
"One of you aren't fully healed yet." they said. "So we're going to fix that."
"Who isn't healed?" Hansol frowned. They all looked at him. "Me?"
"You said you came across your childhood friend, Cross Fuyumi, yes? And you wanted to meet her again, yes?"
"Yeah!" Hansol nodded quickly.
"We did some digging, and. . ."

"Hansolie."

"Fumi!" Standing in front of him was none other than his long lost childhood friend, and his first crush.
Without another thought he brought her into a tight hug, the woman hugging him just as tight. "It's been too long." Hansol murmured against her hair.
"Too long." He suddenly felt a jab to his stomach.
"Ouch!"
"You Baka, how can you not recognise me when you asked for directions to Senshu Park?"
"I'm sorry!" He gave a sheepish smile to her. "But let's catch up, shall we?"
"We shall, Mister She-Was-My-First-Crush."
"I can explain. . ." He froze when she suddenly leaned towards his face and placed a chaste kiss to his cheek. ". . .over a dinner."
"Wow. . ." The rest of the boys blinked at their interaction.
"That was very fast and sudden." Dino stated. "Who knew Vernon would get a girl that easily?"

The End