Pietro Maximoff

A/N: Pietro my bae!!! Long time no see!!!

Changing the Future
Clint stared at him in horror, still holding on to the child. Pietro gave him a weak smile, blood pouring out of the wounds.
   "You didn't see that coming?" was all he was able to utter before falling to his death.

"NO!" Sitting up in bed, she looked around with scared eyes, cold sweat gathering at her temple, breathing erratic and heavy. It wasn't a dream; she knew it wasn't. It was a vision. The future. She saw her father being saved by some boy around her age who was super fast. He sacrificed his life for her father and the boy.

She decided to change that.

Melanie Barton decided that when the time came, she would save not only her father and the boy, but the speedster as well. It's just now up to her to be patient for when the time comes when the world needs saving again.

***

"Pietro Maximoff. . ." she read out loud to herself, reading his and his sister's files. Yes, the time finally came for them to cross paths - a year, actually. How she survived with that burden she has no idea.
   She had received the file from Steve who told her about the twins at Strucker's base, and how her father met the boy, Steve meeting the boy and the girl. She decided to do some digging and know about the Maximoffs more.
   "What you reading, kid?" her father asked, sitting beside her on the quinjet, on their way to Wakanda.
   "The file on the Maximoff twins." she answered absentmindedly, staring at the photo of Pietro. Clint noticed and frowned.
   "Don't tell me you're falling for the boy."
   "What?" She looked at him with wide eyes. "No!"
   "You sure?" He didn't look convinced. "You've been staring at the photo of him for a while."
   "I-I didn't know." She closed the files with a snap. "Just thinking."
   "Uh-huh." He gave her a small look of concern. "Is everything alright, Mels?"
   "Yeah, why?" she lied.
   "Because the last time you acted weird like this is when you got a vision of New York being invaded by the Chitauri and Loki." Clint pointed out. "So what did you see?"
   She didn't have time to reply, Steve interrupting the conversation saying they've arrived at their destination. Clint gave her a look. "We're talking about this later."
   "Sure, Dad." she sighed.

***

She couldn't help it. She stared at him during the attempt-negotiation. While Steve and Tony tried to talk to the twins and Ultron, Melanie stood behind them with Thor, staring at Pietro. The boy of course noticed but tried to not get that to him. But he couldn't help it; she was by far the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
   Wanda noticed and glared at Melanie, attempting to go into her mind to no avail. Wanda stared at the girl in surprise. Melanie didn't even blink an eyelid; she just stared at Wanda unimpressed. Pietro sent his sister a questioning look. "I can't get inside her head." she said through gritted teeth. Pietro frowned, looking to the beauty across from them.
   "Interesting." he murmured to himself, finding himself in battle with the Avengers and the men who worked at the factory.
   He zoomed around, landing a punch to Steve, and was sent sprawled out when attempting to grab Thor's hammer. A giggle could be heard from above him.
   Looking up, he saw the girl laughing, sending a small smile in his direction. "What are you laughing at?" he groaned, slowly getting up.
   "Nothing." she shrugged nonchalantly. "Just at a fool on the ground." Her eyes suddenly glowed blue, an angry look crossing her face. "The last time someone tried to enter my mind, I received powers I can barely control." She sent a withering look to Wanda who stood beside Pietro and had tried to enter her mind again. "Not a fan of mind control." With that, she sent a burst of force in their direction, slamming them into a wall and knocking the breath out of them. "I don't know why you guys are on the bad side, but nonetheless I saw the future and I am still going to change it and save your life."
   "My life?" Pietro gasped out. "What do you mean?"
   "Stay out of this fight." Melanie told them seriously. "It's not yours to fight."