Vernon (Seventeen)

Video Message
Hitting the age of nineteen, you'd think that life was just getting started. That you now had to be an independent person and live alone in the world, that new positions arisen or it was time to accomplish your dreams or whatnot. For Chwe Hansol Vernon, that wasn't the case.
   He received his dream when he debuted in 2015 with Seventeen. He got the money to survive, the fans to be grateful of, the boys that became brothers, and the supporting family - especially one in particular. Cross Kumiko was the girl that supported him throughout his years of becoming an idol. She was with him during trainee years, through Seventeen Project when his rings were confiscated, to being the successful idol he was now with all his fans and the boys. For almost eight years Kumiko and Hansol were together strongly, and to them, it was time for the two to take the next step in their relationship.
   At the age of eighteen the two got engaged, planning for their wedding to be in 2018 because in the year 2017, they were expecting a child.

I know, quite young to be parents, right?

"We've been together for so long, it felt like we should take it to the next level," Hansol admitted on an interview once. "We've matured a lot in our relationship, people think that we're older than what we look because of how mature we treat our relationship, you know?"
   "Interesting," the interviewer mused, "so you're ready to be a father and husband?"
   "Yes," he said with a confident nod, "I am certain."
   "And what about Seventeen?"
   "After our world tour we're going to have a break," S.coups explained for them, "we'll be helping the couple adapt to their new life, and can't wait for the new arrival to come."
   "We're going to be their Oppas of Hyungs!" Dino said excitedly. Hansol smiled at his brothers' excitement.
   "Vernon and Kumiko are being supported, as you can see." Jeonghan explained. "They will be taken care of and protected, with us around along with Vernon and Kumiko's family."
   "That's nice, a big family, yes?"
   "Ne!"

***

They were having another concert, this time they were in Manilla, Philippines, which was far away from Seoul, Korea, where the Future-Chwe resided with newborn Chwe Yumi Sophie.
   The original plan was to finish in Manilla and then Hansol would go back to Seoul to be with Kumiko for when the baby came but that didn't go to plan, since she went into labour. Obviously Hansol wasn't happy with it, and was in a bit of a down mood.
   "Yah, let's have a break from performing, yeah?" Hoshi panted into the mic, earning screams from the fans. "What should we do, carats?"
   "I heard that this concert will hold something!" Woozi raised his hand. "Video messages."
   "Yay! Video messages from our family!" The boys cheered, Hansol only doing it half heartedly, mind still on his fiancée and child. "Let's start with Seungkwan, yeah?"

***

"And last, but not least, Vernon-ah!" Mingyu announced, cheering along with the boys and fans. Hansol smiled at them all before facing the screen, wondering what message his sister or parents were going to say. First Sofia came on, and then their parents. But what confused him most was where they were filming the message. It looked different than usual. He was given his answer when suddenly Kumiko appeared on the screen with her breathtaking smile.
   Hansol yelled in shock, covering his mouth with his hands in awe, tears threatening to fall when he heard her say his name.
   The fans all screamed their joy and surprise, the boys all grinning at each other knowingly. Hansol paid no mind to anyone, focussing on the screen and Kumiko.
   "Hansol-ah, I hope you're doing okay and not doing anything bad," she started the message, "I'm fine, as you can see. Just a bit exhausted from earlier. I know you're upset for not being here but don't worry, your family came with mine. I think someone wants to meet you. . ."
   "WHOA!" Everyone yelled when they saw who appeared on screen.
   In Kumiko's arms were none other than Chwe Yumi Sophie, Hansol's daughter. "Hansol, Seventeen, Carats, meet Chwe Yumi Sophie, the new addition to the big family."
   Hansol received many pats on the backs and hugs from his brothers, accepting a handkerchief from one of them go wipe away his tears of joy at seeing his newborn baby. "As you can see, we got a baby girl. . .she looks so much like you already."
   "Aniyo," Hansol chuckled to himself, "I can see she has your beauty."
   "We're both fine and healthy, just take your time, okay? We'll see each other soon. I love you! Fighting!" She carefully moved Yumi's hand in a waving motion, careful to not wake the baby up. "Bai!"
   "Now you see that she's fine, yeah?" S.coups told Hansol who was attempting to stop his cries. "You don't have to worry anymore. They're okay."
   "Thanks, guys." he told everyone gratefully. "You have no idea how relieved I feel, seeing them for the first time ever since I heard she went into labour. . ." He faces the audience with a wide smile. "Let's finish our concert, yeah?"
   "YEAH!" the audience screamed in joy.

The End