Sirius Black - Part I

A/N: So I started reading young Sirius Black books and Ben Barnes is hot, okay? Like he was Caspian from Narnia, and he was in that creepy Dorian Grey movie. . .he's pretty cool. So he's added to the list. End of story.

Btw, I don't own a specific quote in this one-shot, MARVEL does. You'll know when you see it.

Childhood Lovers - Part I
First Year. . .
"Come on, Sirius!" she exclaimed, dragging the boy at the train station, "we're gonna miss the train if we don't hurry!"
"Slow down, Fox!" the boy laughed, running beside her. "I'm with you!"
"Til the end of the line?"
"Til the end of the line."
***
Second Year. . .
"Come on, Sirius!" the girl exclaimed, dragging him along to their class. "We're going to miss the prank set on Malfoy if we don't hurry!"
"Of course we're going to make it, Fox!" Sirius scoffed, walking in quick strides beside her. "I'm with you all the time. You never arrive to things late so we're always on time."
"You'll stay with me, right?" She looked to him nervously. "If we get in deep trouble for this prank - because we are going to witness Malfoy go bald -"
"Madeleine Fox I am with you til the end of the line."
"Til the end of the line."
***
Fifth Year. . .
"Honestly, James, if you matured just the slightest I'm pretty sure you would have a shot with Lily."
"Can't you just talk to her for me?" the boy complained, sending the girl across from him at the table in the Great Hall with a pleading look. Madeleine shook her head, leaning her head on Sirius's shoulder absentmindedly.
"You're on your own, suck it up and grow up while you're at it." Sirius guffawed at her comment making James glare at him.
"Why don't you listen to her advice as well, Padfoot?" James sniffed. "Suck it up and confess your love to - MERLIN!" The boy winced at the harsh kick to his shin from Sirius. Madeleine looked at the boys suspiciously. Sirius sent an innocent smile back.
"What?" he asked her. She narrowed her eyes at him, looking to Remus and Peter who were silent throughout the whole thing.
"Do you guys know what they're talking about?" The two quickly shook their heads. Madeleine huffed in annoyance. "I don't understand why I'm still hanging around you."
"I know, but until then -" he wrapped an arm around the girl's shoulders, placing an obnoxious kiss to her cheek that made the girl receive many glares from girls that were watching the playboy's actions, "-you're stuck with me until the end of the line."
"Unfortunately."
***
Seventh Year. . .
They all looked up at the giant castle one last time; the five Marauders plus Lily, who stayed at James' side. Madeleine was at Sirius' side, arms wrapped around each other lovingly.
"What now?" Remus spoke up. "We graduated from Hogwarts, facing reality with a war coming on. . ."
"Easy, we help in the war." James said confidently. Madeleine tensed in her lover's arms, Sirius looking down at her worriedly. "It may be dangerous, but Dumbledore needs as much help as he could get."
"I agree." Lily agreed.
"I agree as well." Sirius spoke up. Madeleine looked at him scared.
"But what if we die during this," she said worriedly, "I don't want to lose you guys -"
"Madeleine, we are the Marauders!" Sirius exclaimed, holding her close to him. "Nothing can defeat us -"
"This is the real world, Sirius, not a school prank."
"And I know that and because of that, I am going to protect you until my very last breath." he told her seriously. "I'm not going to lose you, Madeleine. And you're not going to lose me."
"Promise?" she asked quietly. He pressed a loving kiss to her temple.
"I promise, love. Besides," he grinned down at her, "I'm with you -"
"-til the end of the line we get it!" James interrupted the moment. "You've been saying it to each other since forever!"
"Piss off, James!"
***
"Well isn't he adorable!" Madeleine smiled down at the infant in her arms lovingly. "You made a beautiful child, Lily."
"Why thank you!" Lily beamed. "I'm just glad he's healthy."
"Looks so much like his father." Madeleine noted, pretending to be disappointed. "Poor child. . ."
"Oi! Heard that!" James walked into the living room with Sirius, giving her a fake glare. "He should be proud that he looks like me. He's going to be getting all the ladies -" Lily cleared her throat, sending her husband a glare. He gave a sheepish smile to her. "I mean, Harry's eyes are the more interesting things than his overall looks. . ." Sirius snorted at his best friend's weird sentence, sitting beside Madeleine, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. He grinned down at the baby in her arms.
"Hello, godson!" Sirius cooed. "This is your handsome godfather speaking!"
"Are you serious?" Madeleine sent him a look. He smiled back innocently.
"Of course I am Sirius!"
"Oh my God. . ." The other three adults sighed.
"But on another note. . ." Lily sent the two a sly smirk, "From here it looks like you three are a family." And it did with Madeleine holding a baby, Sirius sitting beside her with his arm wrapped around her with his other hand caressing Harry's small head lovingly, his wedding ring glinting in the small lighting in the room. The two looked to each other sheepishly.
"Actually, that's why we decided to come by. . ." Sirius started. James' face fell.
"You're going to steal Harry?"
"No!" They sent him a weird look.
"The wife and I. . ." Sirius announced proudly, holding Madeleine closer to him, "will have our own little spawn in nine months."
"What!" The Potters shrieked.
"You're pregnant?" Lily squealed.
"Surprise!" Madeleine grinned.
"No wonder why you've been keeping an eye on her like a hawk lately!" James said accusingly to Sirius. "Congrats, mate!"
"Thanks!" Sirius beamed. "I can't wait for my child to come - our children are going to be best friends!"
"Imagine the pranks the two will do in Hogwarts -"
"Remember our map? We can give it to them -"
"The next generation of the Marauders!"
"Oh wait until Moony and Wormtail hear about this -!"
"Oh Merlin have mercy on our children." Lily joked to Madeleine, making the two laugh while the men were busy babbling away in happiness.
***
Nine months later. . .
"She's beautiful!" Lily whispered, smiling down at her goddaughter. James patted his friend's back happily who was watching his girls with awe.
"I can't believe it," Sirius whispered, "I have a family. . ."
"Our dreams have come true, huh." James commented. "I can't wait for them to go to Hogwarts."
"But first we have to stop this war."
"Agreed." The men stared at their girls. "We need to keep them safe."
***
One month later. . .
A knock came from the door, Madeleine answering it with a smile, baby Cassiopeia in her arms.
"Remus!" Madeleine greeted happily. "What are you doing here so late at night? If you're looking for Sirius he went to check up on the Potters -"
"The Potters are dead." Remus told her quietly, feeling his heart break at the look of heartbreak on his friend's face.
"What?" she whispered, her hold on her daughter tightening.
"Wormtail is gone as well. . Sirius is in Azkaban."
"What!" Madeleine handed her daughter to Remus, grabbing her coat and shoes, getting Cassiopeia's stuff ready.
"Wait, Madeleine, what are you doing?" He followed her, closing the door after him.
"I'm going to the Ministry of Magic and get them to bring my husband back."
"You don't understand, Madeleine!" Remus pleaded. "Sirius was the one that did it! He killed James and Lily! He killed Wormtail and twelve muggles. Twelve!"
"What did you just say?" She turned to him with a deathly calm look on her face.
"Sirius killed -"
"Get out." He stared at her surprised.
"What?"
"Get out."
"But -"
"How dare," she said shakily, "how dare you accuse Sirius of such things. He would never - he'd never - do you even know Sirius?"
"Madeleine. . ."
"Sirius would do anything for the Potters! For his godson! Do you honestly think he would kill them? I don't know about Pettigrew and the muggles, but Sirius would never do that!"
"The evidence -"
"The evidence is wrong!" she roared. She grabbed her crying daughter from his arms. "I can't believe you would believe such a thing! Get out. I don't want to see you at the moment. Get out!" So much for til the end of the line, she thought to herself bitterly.
Later that day, Remus was reading the Daily Prophet when he saw something that froze him.

The home of Sirius and Madeleine Black's home has been attacked by You-Know-Who's followers!

Madeleine and Cassiopeia Black missing!

***

Twelve years later. . .
He looked through the photo album he found in the living room of his godfather's home with his friends, seeing photos of Sirius's family as well as old school photos. He could easily identify his parents amongst them, along with another woman - who was seen in more photos than his parents.
"Who's that?" Hermione pointed to the woman.
"Madeleine Black, of course." Fred and George chorused. "She did many pranks in Hogwarts with your father."
"Of course you would know that." Hermione stared at them amused.
"Ah, I see you found my photo album." Sirius walked into the room, firewhiskey in one hand. "What are you guys looking at?"
"We were just discussing about your wife, Madeleine." Hermione told him reluctantly. They watched him tense up, eyes glaze over as if seeing something from the past. "Sirius?"
"Your godmother was a wonderful woman," Sirius spoke up, looking to Harry. "A wonderful, wonderful woman."
"She's my godmother?" Harry exclaimed. Sirius nodded with a small smile.
"I've known her since we were little; both of us disowned from our families because we were sorted into Gryffindor and didn't believe their prejudices. Your father was my best friend, but Madeleine? She was my life." He grabbed the album from his arms, looking through them fondly. "This was when we got married; we had a joint one with your parents, James and I were too impatient to wait for the other's wedding so we had it together. The ladies merely laughed at us." He flipped to a page of Lily with baby Harry. "This was the day we went to see you for the first time; Madeleine held you at one point with me at her side and your mother told us that we looked like a family. That's when we announced that we were going to have a child."
"Cassiopeia Black." Hermione realised. Sirius flipped to a page of Madeleine holding a baby, Sirius at her side smiling proudly at his wife and child.
"She had her mother's aura of happiness. . ." Sirius cooed. "She may have gotten my looks, but in that one month I knew her, I knew she was going to be just like her mother."
"You only got to spend time with her for one month?" Hermione asked sadly.
"Unfortunately," Sirius sighed, "I went to visit your parents and found the place in ruins; James and Lily. . ." He trailed off, not wanting to relive the time. "I never got to say goodbye to my girls, and now I don't even know what happened to them." He looked at the children in the room. "I saw the article about the attack in my old home, but I won't believe it. I don't believe they're dead. Just because there was no body. . ." He chuckled to himself humourlessly. "So much for til the end of the line. . ."
"It's been twelve years though," Hermione told him, ignoring his last comment that confused them, "wouldn't they have come out?"
"Of course not," Remus walked in, taking away the firewhiskey from Sirius with a stern look on his face. "Sirius was wrongly accused of a crime, so if they were still here they would have been insulted for being with Sirius and all that nonsense."
"So you believe that they're still alive?" Ginny asked the ex-professor. He shrugged in reply.
"I mean, I did feel devastated when I first read the news, but there's still hope, isn't there?" Remus shrugged. "Besides, I did hang out with Sirius's daughter for a year at Hogwarts before I retired."
"What?" Sirius snapped his head up from the ground.
"Jasmine Fox," Remus recalled, "First Year, sorted into Gryffindor. Just like her parents."
"Jasmine?" Hermione said confused. She gasped when she realised where he was going. "Of course, fake name. Jasmine is Cassiopeia Black. They used Fox because it was Madeleine's maiden name."
"She's alive?" Sirius jumped to life. Remus smiled at the sight of his friend looking alive again.
"I sent an owl, they're on their way."
"They?" Sirius's eyes brightened. "Madeleine. . ."
"What did I say?" Molly Weasley walked into the room. "Everyone is helping clean the place -"
"Yes, of course!" Sirius jumped out of his seat. "What are you all waiting for? This place is a mess! Hop to it, come on!"
"That's more like it!" Molly approved. "Why the sudden change of attitude?"
"My girls are coming back, that's what!" Sirius kissed her cheek from excitement. "Come on! I'll start on the second floor. Where's that damn house elf? Kreacher!" You could hear him skip away with glee. "It's not the end of the line yet!"
"Well he's excited," Ron remarked. "What did he mean about the line, though?" Harry merely shook his head with a small smile. They were finally getting what the two wanted; a family.