Garrett (Twilight)

Tough Love
"Alright," Bella sighed, sidling up to her husband's side, "I think that's all the witnesses." They looked around the living room of their home, crowded with different covens from around the world to help save their lives. And Renesmee's.
Edward shook his head at her comment. "Not all," he murmured, "we're still waiting for Felicia."
"Felicia?" Bella repeated. "Who's Felicia?"
"A nomad, like Garrett." Edward clarified, nodding towards said man. "Actually, they're almost alike. They're both alone, single, have been existing on this planet for a while. . ."
"What, you want them to be together?" Bella remarked. Edward shrugged at her question innocently. "Really?"
"I'm honestly surprised they haven't met each other yet, with all the travelling they do alone." Edward commented. "And the fact that they even have some hobbies in common. . ."
"I didn't see you as the matchmaker type," Bella smirked, "I can see Alice as it - hell, even Emmett - but you? No way."
"They're both very dear friends to me and the family." Edward told her sincerely. "All we want is the two to be happy as well." He looked to the wide windows at the sound of feet running towards them. "She's here."
"I hear someone approaching fast." Garrett commented from his spot near the fireplace, having been in a conversation with the Denali coven. "Another one of yours?"
"Garret!" Edward greeted happily. "There's someone I would like you to meet."

***

"Well ain't this a cozy place," she remarked lazily, spinning in a slow circle to take in the property, "must be Esme and Alice. Maybe even Rosalie. Who knows with the chick, she's feisty."
"Gee, I love you too." Rosalie and the rest of the family met the nomad at the driveway, Rosalie pulling her into a tight hug. "It's been a while, Felicia."
"Indeed it has," Felicia agreed. "I have been busy travelling the new world, many new technology and entertainment I must say."
"Oh yeah?" Emmett smirked, being the next to give her a hug. "Have you been getting some 'entertainment' from some fellas?"
"Very funny," she said dryly, "wonder how your nonexistent sex life is going." Emmett guffawed at her comeback, bringing her into a headlock much to her dismay. "Oi!"
"Felicia!" The two turned to the voice of Edward who was approaching them with Bella and Garrett.
"Edward! My darling friend!" Felicia cried, easily escaping Emmett's grip and bringing the young man into a hug. "It's wonderful to see you. Let me look at you for a moment." She pulled away from him, holding his face gently and analysing his whole expression as well as his whole form. "Ah, you're happier but you're in a dilemma."
"It's hard to explain. . ." Edward said warily, pulling away from her slowly. "Let me show you instead." He grabbed her hand softly and placed it gently onto his face. Bella and Garrett gawked at the sight.
"What -" Bella started.
"She has the same gift as Aro, but is more powerful than any of us." Rosalie explained.
"Even the Volturi." Emmett added. "And because of that she's been on the run."
"They're afraid of her." Garrett noted. "Why?" he asked them, watching as her and Edward still communicated with one another.
"She has the ability to copy anyone's gift and use it whenever she wants." Eleazar from the Denali coven joined them. "It's truly fascinating." That's when Edward and Felicia broke off their small communication.
"Well, that's interesting." Felicia commented. "May I see her?"
"Of course." Edward nodded.
"When was the last time you eaten?" Bella asked protectively. Felicia smirked at her.
"Honey, if I was hungry I would have dark eyes. Does it look like I have dark eyes? My eyes are still a beautiful red. So no, I am not going to devour your hybrid daughter."
"Snappy, feisty, powerful, and absolutely gorgeous." Garrett said in awe. "You are a remarkable woman."
"I try," she shrugged casually, not even giving him a glance, "come on Eddie boy, let me see who I am defending." When her, Edward, and Bella walked away, Garrett turned to the remaining group of people, awe still on his face.

"Is love at first sight real? Because I think I just experienced it."

***