Newt Scamander

A/N: Newt Scamander is such a smol beam😍

Female Companion
After the small adventure in New York, Newt couldn't help but realise how lonely he was in his adventurous life. After hanging out with Tina, it made him realise he wanted a female companion. He didn't want Tina; she had her own life back at MACUSA as an Auror, having only just got her job back. She loves her job. He wouldn't want her to leave it for travelling.
   Arriving back in London, he took in the familiar air of the town. He started wandering around, spotting wizards amongst the muggles around town.
   Newt went into Three Broomsticks, drinking a butterbeer by himself. He was deep in thought, unaware of his Bowtruckle -Picket- appearing at his shoulder. Picket noticed someone, moving towards the person. Newt only snapped out of his thoughts when he saw the Bowtruckle appear on a woman's table. Newt yelped in worry, rushing to the table.
   Instead of being met with a scream and an attempt to squash his creature, the woman beamed at the sight of Picket, picking him up gently. Newt stood behind her in curiosity.
   "Now what is a Bowtruckle like you doing here?" the woman asked in her British accent. He was surprised when he noticed she understood Picket perfectly. "New York? That's a long way. Your friends escaped? Newt Scamander?"
   "Uh, that would be me." Newt decided to reveal himself to her, clearing his throat awkwardly. She turned around to face him, her brown doe eyes staring into his blue ones. "N-Newt Scamander."
   "Ebony Smith." She held out the hand that held his friend. "I believe this Bowtruckle is yours."
   "Yes, thank you." He gladly took him back. He looked to his Bowtruckle. "What happened to having attachment issues?" Newt gave Ebony a shy smile. "Picket has attachment issues. It came as a surprise when he went over to you."
   "Must be because of this." Ebony revealed food that Bowtruckles eat. "I have my own Bowtruckles in my case."
   "Case?"
   "Brief case. It's bigger on the inside."
   "Amazing. I-I happen to have one as well. Full of fantastic creatures."
   "Well, great minds think alike, as they say." Ebony smiled at him. "This might sound crazy, but can I go in your case? I'm quite intrigued on what you have."
   "Only if I can look in yours." Newt's eyes gleamed with joy. "It's not common to meet someone who has the same compassion with creatures."
   "Indeed." she agreed. "So! My case or yours?"

***

Two years later. . .
Newt finished feeding the last of his creatures before hopping out of his case, back into his small cottage.
   Walking into the kitchen, he spotted his heavily pregnant wife making a cake; her latest craving.
   "Hello, love." Newt smiled at her adoringly, pressing a kiss to her temple. Ebony hummed in content.
   "Finished feeding the creatures?"
   "Yep. I'll feed yours soon." He started making himself some tea. "Don't worry, my case will soon be big enough for both of our creatures. Just a few more fixing around some areas and it shall be finished."
   "Wonderful." Ebony smiled. She winced slightly when she felt a harsh kick inside her. "Easy there, little one."
   "Having a bit of some problems, dear?" Newt bent down to her stomach, caressing it lightly. "Be careful in there, little one."
   "Quite a kicker." Ebony mused. "This one is going to be a handful."
   "Just like its mother. . ."
   "Hey!"
   "I'm joking." Newt chuckled, bringing the pouting woman into his arms. "It will be an adventurous child. A wonderful child. Our child."
   "Only two more weeks to go." Ebony sighed, getting back to baking. "When did Tina say her, Queenie, and Jacob were coming?"
   "Around next week." Newt replied, helping her into the living room. "They're quite excited to meet the little one."
   "I can't wait either." Ebony sighed happily. "When the child is old enough we're going to be teaching it the fantastic creatures we have, and help our child how to feed them, and how to look after them, and -"
   "Calm down," Newt laughed at his eccentric wife. "The baby isn't even born yet!"
   "Well. . ." Ebony suddenly grimaced, clutching at her stomach. "I'd say the baby is coming today. . ."
   "What!"

The End

A/N: Quite crappy, I know...