Chapter 23 "First Dates & Princesses"

Start from the beginning

        We soon ate the food and talked about anything we could think of. I was laughing at one point, "You're so bad!" Ross said. He laughed at how horrible I was at aiming a grape into his mouth. It was pretty much just me trying to shoot grapes into his mouth. "I bet you couldn't do any better," I said and he shook his head, "mmm.. no.." he said and grabbed a grape. "Open," he said and I opened my mouth. He tossed it and it landed perfectly in my mouth. I shook my head, "Perfectionist, much?" He laughed. 

        The date was soon over and it began to rain, "Are you serious?" I yelled. Ross grabbed my arm and pulled me grabbing the basket, "Come on!" he said and I followed him to a few benches where a roof was over head. "Damn, that rain came out of no where, huh?" he asked me. I was freezing, to be honest. Rain and I do not get along. Ross noticed. He took his jacket off and put it over me around my shoulders, 

        "Here. Wear my jacket," he said. I looked at him, "But now you're gonna be cold.." He shook his head and folded his arms, "Nah. I'll be alright." I knew it wasn't true because I noticed his arms tencing up. The biceps in his muscles were getting tighter and tighter and he'd rub his arms trying to heat up. He was the one who was cold now. I wondered to myself, "What could make us both heat up..

\Ross's POV/ 

        Yes. I'm cold. 

        I was freezing but as long as Sel was warm, I'm good. I rub my arms to heat them up. I watched the rain fall and I felt Selena rest her head against me. I smiled and just kept watching the rain. It wasn't until I looked at Selena and she was looking at me. I looked at her lips and I was tempted. Very tempted. Before I knew it, she went on her toes and her lips found mine. We kissed passionately and I held her closer than ever. I, suddenly, did not feel very cold. If anything, All I cared about was this moment with Selena. 

        "Wanna go back home now?" I asked when we pulled away finally. 

        "Not really," she laughed. I chuckled and pulled her into another kiss. It lasted a while. Until we heard a shot go off. It startled us both. We heard screams and gun shots. 

        "Ross..what was that?" she asked. I shrugged, "I don't know.." We heard another shot go off and my eyes went wide and I shook my head, "Let's go!" I grabbed her hand and we ran. We ran along the sidewalk in the rain. I felt her hand slip away from mine and I got scared for a slight second and saw her fall down, 

        "Ross, I can't run in these heels!" she said and she was clutching at her foot which looked like it was swollen. I looked around and saw something in the distance. It was a figure of a person with what looked like a weapon, perferably, a gun. I gulped and sighed and picked her up. I ran with her in my arms and I set her in the passenger seat of the car and I pushed the gas hard and we stormed away from the park. 

        I drove us the anywhere that was away from the park. I parked onto the side of the road and I was out of breathe due to running away and my shakiness from what had happened. I looked over, "Are you okay?" I asked her. She held her knee and took her shoe off, "I think I'm fine." she claimed. She took the sock off and saw she had blisters all over her foot. 

        "Damn it," she muttered. She put her sock back on and kept her shoes off. "Well, this date took a weird, dangerous turn," I said. She sighed, "Yeah..but..It was still nice," she said. I smiled slightly but I was weak. 

\Selena's POV/ 

        My feet were aching. I was cold. I was stunned. 

        "I wish that dude would be found and get arrested already," Ross said looking around. I agreed. He looked around and saw the time and it was almost midnight and we had to get back home. He sighed, 

        "Let's just go home.." 

        "Okay." 

        He drove us back home and he parked. Even though, this date wasn't as great as I thought it'd go out to be. It was still pretty great in which I spent some time with him and got to know him even better. Silence dawned us as we sat in the car waiting for someone to say something. I looked over and all I wanted to do was kiss him. I love him.. very much. 

        "Selena I..." he said until I interrupted. I pressed my lips to his and after a second, he kissed back. Everything was rising up in me. I was in this weirdly, painful joy. My foot was still aching but right now, the pain does not find me while I'm in this phase with Ross. I felt him deepen the kiss and his hand find my cheek. I pulled away and he didn't say anything nor did I. We just stepped out of the car and Ross offered to carry me to the door due to my foot but I said no, I can do it. 

        I got to the door and I was about to open the door when I looked up and Ross was staring at me. I questioned him, "Why are you looking at me like that?" and he shrugged, "Cause you're beautiful." 

        Next thing I know, we kissed. I couldn't help it. I felt him wrap arms around my waist and picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist with my arms around his neck. He opened the door and he walked us into the house without breaking the kiss. I had to end this before anything went too far. I pulled away and he set me down, 

        "Um, thanks.." I said and he coughed,        

        "No problem. Thanks for coming," he said. I nodded and he bit down on his lower lip then he bent down and kissed my cheek.
        "I love you." he says as he pulls away. I nod, "I love you too." 

        We part and I go into Rydel's room and find her asleep. I shrug and get changed into pajamas and go to bed. Tonight was a great night.