52: Connor

Connor fixed his jacket, and wrapped his tie loosely around his neck knotting it into bow as he did. He sighed as he looked in the mirror, it wasn't his hoodie but it was a nice suit. Zoe walked in.

"Wow! Who are you and what have with my brother?" Connor laughed.

"It's sure different." He said, posing in his mirror. Zoe giggled.

"Go on then, give us a turn." Connor laughed as he did a little spin. Zoe jumped up. "Wait there I have an idea." She ran off, Connor followed her out into the hallway. She came back holding her phone up near her face, clearly recording a video. Connor just shook his head.

"Zoe what are you doing?" Zoe grinned.

"And on the catwalk tonight we have a very special guest." She cleared her throat, "Introducing America's newest top model... Connor Murphy!" Connor just laughed as he strutted down the hallway, and posing, before strutting back. "Wooo work that!" Connor just laughed.

"Happy now?" Zoe was in stitches.

"Evan is certainly in for a shock." Connor smiled at the thought. He couldn't wait to see him, he was bursting at the seams.

"I need to find my shoes." He walked off and heard Zoe snigger behind him. He turned around. "And just what the fuck do you think you're laughing at?" Zoe gestured to his feet.

"What are THOSE?" Connor looked down at his socks then back at Zoe.

"Did you just make a Black Panther reference at me?" Zoe clapped.

"Yes! I was really hoping you'd pick up on that." Connor laughed. "But seriously what is up with your socks they are fucking ugly." Connor gasped.

"How dare you insult me so. Zoe Murphy just doesn't share my devotion to," he spun around, "...style." Zoe rolled her eyes. "They have writing on them." Zoe frowned.

"What?" Connor held up his foot. She grabbed it and took a look.

"I don't care... I'm high. Really? Only my brother would wear these to his senior prom."

"Ya know it." He sent finger guns flying her way.

"The limo will be here any moment." Connor scrambled for his shoes. He slipped them on, staring at himself in the mirror. This was it. He honestly didn't even think he'd survive senior year but here he was, all dressed up for his senior prom, anxiously thinking about the man who awaited him. Connor slowly walked down the stairs, what can he say he was one for flair? His mum pretty much burst into tears. His dad gave him a small smile. Which was the Larry Murphy equivalent for displaying any sort of emotion. Connor heard the limo pull up. Zoe ran out and opened the door.

"Your chariot awaits your Majesty." Connor smirked.

"Ah thank you noble servant." Connor laughed as Zoe's mouth hung open.

"Servant? God I'm going to get you when you get back!" She laughed. Connor smiled as he waved to his family, watching them disappear as the car drove away. Connor's chest felt tight. He was anxious to see Evan, he kept wondering what he would be wearing. Before he knew it the limo pulled up at Evan's house. Connor took a deep breath, and he stepped out of the car. He looked up to find Heidi opening up the door.

"He's here!" She shouted inside. Connor's eyes widened as he saw Evan walk towards him, he felt helpless. Evan wore a navy blue suit, looks like Connor wasn't the only one who wasn't willing to stray from their colours. "Well if it isn't my two favourite boys!" Heidi came running out.

"Hello handsome." Connor whispered as Evan walked up to him. Evan smiled as his face went red. Some things never change.

"Look at you two, all grown up." Heidi wiped the tears from her eyes. Evan sighed.