36: Evan

Evan was feeling nervous as he got ready for school. Well, more nervous than usual. Though that was normally the case, after a couple of weeks without seeing anyone or barely leaving the house, the school setting was often overwhelming. But more than that Evan was nervous about Connor. While he never explicitly admitted it, Evan could tell Connor was still worried about what would happen after school between them. Evan wished there was some way to get it through to Connor that he wasn't going anywhere, that he would always be by Connor's side- even if it wasn't in person. Because he loved him. Evan wasn't often an optimistic person but for Connor, for Connor he would try.

Connor and Zoe were late to school, so Evan didn't see him until lunch. Alana was bright and chirpy as always, although Evan couldn't help but remember what Jared had told him. And Jared, Jared looked like he was about to fall asleep.

"I need a break I'm so tired." Alana rolled her eyes.

"Babe we just had a break." Jared rolled his eyes.

"Well i need another break." He whinged.

Connor walked over to the table smiling. Alana piped up.

"Hey Connor, they have released the name of the school musical have you seen?" Connor screwed up his face.

"Yeah it's Hairspray, little too bright and upbeat for me. You couldn't get me dressed in a hot pink suit if you paid me and threatened to kill my family." Alana just stared at him in shock as Jared burst out laughing. Suddenly a guy from one of the tables over turned around.

"Hey Connor is it?" Connor turned around.

"Yeah, what's it to you?" The guy just smiled, Evan noticed he had tattoos on his arm and a red streak through his hair.

"The name's Rich, my friends and i have been looking for some candidates for a drama project we got going." Connor seemed interested.

"Alright." Rich signalled to his friends at his table.

"So we are looking to do a production of Spring Awakening for the school, one of the teachers said they'd help us if we could get the numbers and organise the set, none of this bright and peppy bullshit going on next door. So what do you say?" He extended his hand. Connor nodded his head.

"I say I'm in." Rich nodded and returned to his table. Evan piped up.

"No way no guys are doing Spring Awakening! Connor that's awesome! I mean that musical is essentially teen angst in 19th Century Germany." Connor just laughed.

"Sounds perfect."

...

Connor ended up scoring an audition with this Rich guy and his group of friends. Evan did his best to prepare Connor. They sat down and watched the bootleg together, they went through all the different songs and Connor practising for all the different male roles he could be chosen for. Connor was in the middle of singing "The Bitch of The Living" when the chair gave way and broke beneath Connor's foot. Evan burst out laughing as Connor tried to pull the chair off his leg. Evan grabbed his phone and took a photo, absolutely beside himself. Then he decided he would come over and help take the chair off Connor's leg, he would have a fun time explaining that to his mother later...

About three days later... a Thursday afternoon, Evan walked Connor up to the performing arts block for his audition.

"Are you nervous?" Connor shook his head.

"Nah it's just a school production Evan, it's no big deal." Evan shrugged.

"Well i think it's a big deal, i could never do something like this..." Connor just smiled down at Evan.

"Well if i get the part I'll do it for the both of us." Evan smiled and gave Connor a quick kiss as he went inside. Evan stood outside waiting. It hard been about half an hour by the time Connor came out.

"Hey how did it go?" Connor just shook his head.

"What are you still doing here? You could have gone home you know." Evan smiled.

"I wanted to wait for you, it's not like i have much else to do. So tell me, how did it go?" Evan watched as a smile slowly spread across Connor's face.

"I got in. I'm Melchior." Evan beamed.

"I told you you'd get in!" He jumped up and wrapped his arms around Connor.

"All thanks to you Evan." Connor kissed Evan on the cheek.