25: Evan

"Where the fuck have you been?" Jared looked up at Connor and Evan. Then it clicked. "Holy SHIT! YOU GUYS JUST HOOKED UP." Evan nodded.

"Yeah, storage closet near the library." Jared shook his head. He turned to Connor.

"Man you just couldn't contain yourself could you?" Connor sniggered.

"Not according to this note i got given on my way to second period." He passed Jared the piece of paper Evan wrote on. Jared fucking lost it.

"Evan Hansen you kinky whore! God I'm so proud of you right now!" They all started laughing, Alana was blushing hard. Evan went to sit down when he realised.

"Crap! I left my backpack in the closet!" Jared just sniggered at the gay-joke innuendo. Connor laughed.

"Alright let's just go and get it." Evan and Connor went back to the storage closet but when they opened the door, they were not the only ones there. Two guys were making out against a wall, one in a red, white, and blue striped t shirt and the other in a red hoodie with his headphones around his neck. Evan knew who these two were. They looked up and freaked out.

"Chill guys," Connor said putting his hands up, "were all gay here." The guy in the hoodie looked up.

"Evan? Is that you?" Evan nodded.

"Michael, we had social studies last year. And Jeremy is it?" The other guy piped up.

"So you two are together?" Evan nodded. Connor gestured to Jeremy and Michael.

"And you two are together i take it?" Michael nodded. Evan grabbed his backpack. Michael just smiled.

"That's so cool we should like totally go on like double dates sometime, or get stoned in my basement!" Connor beamed.

"I'm in man!" Connor and Michael high-fived. Jeremy and Evan gave each other a small wave before disappearing. Evan and Connor got back to the lunch table with Evan's backpack. Evan sat down, and Connor next to him. Jared and Alana were arguing over something when they stopped dead. Connor had put his arm around Evan's shoulder, and Evan snuggled into him smiling, as he held Connor's other hand. Alana beamed.

"So you guys are going public?" Evan nodded. She squealed.

"Ah that's so great you guys I'm just so proud." Jared patted Connor on the shoulder.

"You know what Murphy? You're not half bad." Connor laughed.

"You know what Kleinman? You still suck." Jared burst out laughing.

"Touché my friend, Touché." He thought for a minute. "But not as much as you'll be sucking!" He finger-gunned Connor and Evan went bright red, he had enough sexual thoughts going through his head in the last 24 hours he did not need more. Connor just high fived Jared and Alana sank back into her chair, pinching the bridge of her nose. She turned to Evan.

"What is it with guys and dick jokes?" Evan shrugged.

"It's beyond me Alana." They laughed the rest of the lunch away and Evan couldn't help but feel incandescently happy as he snuggled into Connor's shoulder. He knew that this would difficult and no doubt he'd get shit for going public but he didn't care, it was worth it for Connor and always had been,

...

Evan met Zoe at the music room after school.

"Hey Evan, how has your day been." Evan shrugged.

"Yeah good, yours?" Zoe shrugged back.

"Pretty good." Evan fiddled with the hem of his polo.

"Connor and i went public today." Zoe stopped dead, "I guess i just got sick of hiding, and pretending to be someone I'm not." Zoe looked up at Evan, her guitar in her hand. "So i asked him to be my boyfriend." Zoe's eyes went wide.

"And he said yes." Evan smiled shyly.

"Yeah he, he did." She jumped up and hugged him tightly.

"Oh Evan eek I'm so happy." She let go and set Evan up with a guitar. She frowned for a minute. "Hey Evan why are you doing this, might i ask." Evan sighed, he might as well tell his plan to someone.

"Before Connor and i found out that we liked each other i started writing these lines in the back of my notebook, just random stuff really but I'm thinking of turning it into a song. For Connor's birthday next month." Zoe's eyes filled up with tears.

"That's so sweet, my god Evan you just- ah! Okay yup we can do that, do you mind if i can see what you've written, so perhaps we can compose something together for it?" Evan nodded.

"Yeah that, that sounds great!" He pulled the notes out of his backpack and Zoe read through them, her smile getting wider and wider with each line.

"God Evan this is so beautiful! God i wish you were my boyfriend..." She froze, "Sorry that was weird." Evan just laughed.

"Welcome to my world."