34: Evan

The days turned into weeks, the weeks into months and before anyone knew it, school was off for the summer. Mid terms exam results had come back, Connor and Evan on Bs and As, whilst Jared and Alana got pretty much straight A's. Evan didn't know how Jared did it, he was just one of those people who could fluke a test and ace it, no study required. Zoe had her 17th birthday, where everyone went to the pool for a beach themed party. Evan blushed pretty much the entire time, shirtless Connor Murphy was a sight to behold. Connor laughed when Evan rocked up to the party.

"What the fuck are you wearing? A wetsuit?" Evan shrugged.

"It's a rash shirt." Connor just raised his eyebrows at him. "What? My mum has always been big on sun safety alright?" Evan had always been self-conscious about his body, particularly in public, but could never place why. Evan remembered Connor pushed him in the pool, but how it backfired as Evan latched onto Connor's arm pulling him down into the water.

One weekend after exams Connor and Evan caught up with Michael and Jeremy and went to the arcade together, Evan ended up buying Connor a massive teddy beat worth like hundreds of tickets. Evan was quite good at games thanks to Jared. Connor managed to get a handful of small, fruit-scented erasers. Michael ended up giving all his tickets to Jeremy, in exchange for a slushie. Overall it had been a good couple of months. And for the first time Evan felt truely happy. His anxiety was still there but he found it was easier to manage, and Connor was there to help him when he needed it.

Evan was on his way to Connor's house for the day, something about a Marvel marathon that Connor promised him what felt like years ago. Evan knocked on the door and waited for Connor to come unlock it. Zoe ended up opening the door.

"Oh hey Evan! Connor is still asleep if you want to go get him." Evan nodded as Evan closed the door behind him.

"How have you been?" Zoe smiled.

"Relaxing pretty much, enjoying the fact I don't have to study. All my friends have been throwing these big parties but lately i just cant be bothered leaving my house." Evan laughed.

"Welcome to my world Zoe Murphy. Anyway I better go wake Connor up." Zoe nodded as Evan took himself up the stairs. He opened Connor's door slightly. Connor was sprawled across his bed, his blankets all tangled around his legs, and his hair was in a tangled mess all over his face. Evan sighed, he could honestly watch him all day. In a very romantic, not-at-all-creepy way. Evan kicked off his shoes and crawled into bed next to Connor. Connor stirred, opening his eyes and smiling.

"Hey Evan." He said, his voice all sleepy. Then he froze. "Wait what the hell are you doing in my bed?" Evan laughed.

"I came for my movie marathon i was promised but Zoe said you hadn't woken up yet." Connor sat up, cursing at how bright the room was.

"Ok. For a second i thought we had sex and I didn't remember it." He got up and staggered over to his wardrobe, which Evan was thankful for because he was pretty sure his face was red right now. Evan looked over at Connor, and sort of regretted it. Evan's eyes traced Connor's shoulders, his arms, and followed their way down his spine and- "Hey Evan can you see a black t shirt anywhere?' Evan was kind of thankful for a distraction. He found it folded on the edge of the bed and gave it to Connor. Guiltily Evan wished he hadn't found the shirt. Connor threw on a pair of skinny jeans and his hoodie and opened his door. "Where the hell are my parents?" Zoe peeped her head out from her bedroom.

"Oh they went out, I don't know what they are doing but they left this morning..." She went back into her room. Connor walked back into the room, Evan was sitting on his bed as he closed the door. Connor turned around with a wicked smile on his face.

"Hey Hansen want to play a game?" Evan stood up.

"A game?" Connor nodded slowly. "I-ah, sure?" Connor smiled, chuckling evilly under his breath.

"Get on my bed." Evan frowned as he sat back on Connor's bed.

"Now what?" Connor shrugged.

"Jump on it." Evan just sat there.

"You want me to jump on your bed?" Connor just smiled, trying to contain his laughter.

"Yup." Evan stood up and started jumping around on Connor's bed, he had to admit it was pretty fun. He hadn't jumped on a bed since he was a child.

"Ok now what?" Connor shushed him.

"Just wait." All of a sudden Connor started moaning. Evan jumped over to him.

"What the hell are you doing?" He whispered. Connor just laughed quietly.

"Traumatising my sister. Trust me this will be gold." Connor got onto his bed and started jumping with Evan. "God Evan yes!" Evan was just shaking his head laughing as the two of them were jumping up and down on Connor's bed. "Oh oh Evan don't stop!" Connor had to put his hand over his mouth so stop laughing. He gestured to Evan.

"What?" Evan whispered. Connor sniggered.

"Your turn." Evan freaked out.

"What no I'm not saying anything this was your idea!" Connor shushed him.

"Well it's just going to seem like I'm masterbating if you don't speak up!" Connor just looked at him as he made moaning noises in the background. Evan freaked out, what the hell was he supposed to say?

"HARDER DADDY!" Connor stopped jumping as he just stared wide-eyed at Evan. Evan threw a hand over his mouth once he comprehended what he just said.

"WHAT THE FUCK?" Zoe yelled from her bedroom. Connor just looked at Evan before he burst out laughing. He staggered off his bed to the door to open it but was laughing so hard that when the door opened he fell onto the floor. Evan started laughing along with him. Connor was clutching at his torso, tears streaming down his face. Evan came along and helped him up. Zoe came out of her room.

"Really? Really was that necessary? God my ears will never be able to forget Evan saying "harder daddy' I'm officially scarred." Connor just lost it, he high-fived Evan. Zoe just walked away shaking her head.

...

Connor eventually calmed down, he and Evan made their way down stairs. Zoe was in the kitchen.

"What are you planning to do now Connor? Masterbate on all the furniture?" Connor pretended to think.

"Look i was actually considering it... but Evan wants to watch Marvel movies. You can join if you want." Zoe seemed to think about it for some time.

"Yeah sure, cool." They all sat down on the couch, Zoe grabbed snacks and Connor grabbed a couple of blankets as the all snuggled down. They had managed to watch five movies before their parents got home. Evan was balling his eyes out.

"But-but-but-" Connor just hugged him tightly. "SPIDER-MAN SHOULDN'T HAVE DIED." Zoe just laughed. "He, he was just a boy and and, then he just turned into dust!" Connor comforted Evan.

"Yeah but's it's alright they all come back, and they destroy Thanos." Evan looked up at Connor, wiping his eyes.

"When does the next movie come out?" Connor shrugged.

"Next year some time?" Evan started crying again.

"That's ages away. I hate that purple grape." Zoe just sighed as she patted Evan's head.

"Welcome to the fandom sweetie, we all hate the purple grape."