50: Connor

It was the day of Zoe's party, but Connor and Evan had already planned a little Halloween tradition of their own. Connor rocked up to school struggling not to laugh at himself. He looked ridiculous. By the way everyone was staring at him he knew he looked ridiculous. But he really didn't care. He met Evan at the lockers who took one look at him and burst out laughing. The two of them walked hand in hand down the hall towards Jared. Alana burst out laughing when she saw them approaching. Connor just tapped Jared on the shoulder. Jared turned around and fucking screamed.

"What the- holy shit fuck what cursed you?" Evan and Connor burst out laughing as Jared looked at them in horror. Evan was dressed head to toe in black. He wore Connor's favourite back hoodie over a black shirt, which he wore with dark skinny jeans. So you can only imagine what Connor was wearing. No you're not seeing things. Connor was wearing Evan's bright blue striped polo, with his light brown khakis. What was worse was the fact that the shirt and the pants were both too short, the pants finished about halfway up Connor's calf and the polo looked more like a crop top. It felt wrong on so many levels...

Zoe ended up walking past them in the corridor. She burst out laughing.

"Holy shit my eyes are burning right now!" Connor just laughed.

"Happy Halloween!" Connor picked her up and hugged her. Zoe just smiled as she went off to class.

...

Connor and Evan spent most of the day laughing at each other. They both looked ridiculous but neither one cared. At lunch Michael walked up to them and clapped.

"See Jeremy! We should do something like this it would be gnarly!" Jeremy just laughed.

"We'll see you to at Zoe's party tonight right?" Connor and Evan nodded.

"Sure will." Jeremy smiled.

"See you then!" They walked off. Jared frowned.

"Do you think i look like the Jeremy guy? People keep calling me Jeremy whenever I'm in the computer lab." Alana looked at him for a solid minute.

"You know what, you guys do look pretty similar. That's weird." Jared shrugged.

After school Connor and Evan went back to Zoe's place to set up for the party. Evan was helping Zoe set up the drinks while Connor was responsible for the decorations. All because he was the 'tall one'. Once everything was set up Connor dragged Evan up to his room.

"Ok Hansen I want my clothes back." Connor stripped off Evan's shirt and unzipped his pants, throwing them on his bed. Evan was just staring at him. Connor laughed. "Am i going to get my clothes back or will I have to go to this party in my boxers?" Evan snapped out of his daze and threw Connor his jumper.

"I mean it's not the worst idea I've heard." Connor sniggered. Evan turned around as he pulled off Connor's shirt and laid it on the bed next to him. Evan shivered as Connor wrapped his arms around Evan's bare chest.

"You don't have to hide from me Evan." Evan sighed as he turned to face Connor. Connor could tell he was getting nervous again, but he just smiled. Evan smiled back, cupping Connor's face and kissing him slowly. Connor wrapped his arms around Evan's lower back and pulled their bodies together, clashing just such a force that the both of then moaned. Connor laughed. "Even our sexual urges are in sync." Evan just laughed as Connor's lips were back on his again, tracing his jawline down to his neck.

"Connor where are you? The DJ is here and wants to know where to set up!" Connor sighed.

"Looks like I'm going to need my pants."

...

Before long the whole house was setup. There were streamers and fake webs all around the house, cups were set up on every table with snacks. The DJ was set up in the lounge, Zoe and Connor had pushes all the furniture against the wall. Within the hour people started rocking up. Michael and Jeremy turned up as each other. Evan smiled.

"Hey you guys did the thing!" Connor smirked.

"Let me guess, Jeremy lost the bet?" Jeremy just nodded his head as he put the headphones around his neck. Soon the whole house was getting full. Just then fucking Jared walks in, dressed in a giant pink ball. 

"What the fuck Jared." Jared just smiled and put his arms out.

"Ta-da! I'm a bathbomb!" Connor and Evan burst out laughing. Alana rolled her eyes, she was dressed as Rosa Parks. 

"Don't ask, that's what i do." Evan pointed to Alana's outfit.

"Nice costume Alana." She smiled.

"Thanks Evan! Every Halloween i dress up as an influential individual who helped shape society for the better. Unlike some people..." Alana looked sideways at Jared. He just smiled at Alana.

"Come on Lanie! I know you lov the cronch..." Alana eventually gave up the act, you could only stay mad with Jared for so long it seemed. Connor had to duck and dodge his way through the crowds to get to Zoe.

"How are you finding your party so far?" Zoe just smiled.

"It's so crazy there are so many people right now!" Connor laughed.

"I'm going to get my costume okay?" Zoe nodded.

"Okay!" Connor ran upstairs and grabbed his costume. Or rather the set of angel wings with matching halo Zoe wore when she was twelve. He walked back downstairs to find Evan. He was sitting on one of the couches. He burst out laughing.

"You're an angel!" Connor just smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

"I know right." Evan handed Connor a drink.

"Thought you could use one of these." Connor grinned from ear to ear.

"Thank you i am actually so thirsty right now you would not believe." He downed the cup in pretty much one big gulp. Connor looked over at the DJ, suddenly he had an idea, "I'll be right back!" He shouted to Evan as he ventured into the crowd. He mentioned a few words before making his way back. He grabbed Evan's hand and bought him up to his feet. "Dance with me." Evan laughed awkwardly.

"Oh no I, no I-I won't." Connor just smirked as he looked over at the DJ, he nodded and went to his laptop. Evan's eyes widened as "Crazy in Love" by Beyoncé started blaring through the speakers.

"Happy Halloween my love!" Connor smiled as he took Evan's hand into the crowd and started dancing with him, moving his arms around. By the chorus Evan had gotten right into the song, waving his arms about him and swinging his hips. Zoe came over and was laughing.

"Wooo go Evan!" She cheered as the braced the crowd. Connor smiled as Evan danced in front of him. Connor laced his fingers through the belt loops of Evan's pants, pulling him close. Soon the two of them were dancing so close to each other, their lips almost touching. Connor had to admit, Evan was quite a dancer, and watching him swing his hips like that... it turned Connor on. They danced for a couple of songs, until Connor could see Evan was starting to get overwhelmed.

"Hey you want to go somewhere?" Evan nodded. Connor grabbed Evan's hand and led him up the stairs. They went into Connor's room and closed the door. "Better?" Evan sighed.

"Yeah thanks." Evan sat himself down on Connor's bed, Connor sat beside him. Evan starting picking at his nails. Connor laced his fingers with Evan's.

"You okay?" Evan nodded, he swallowed hard.

"So I've been wanting to talk to you about something, I ah- I've been sort thinking about it for a while, and to be honest I'm not ever sure if you even believe in that sorta thing but if you're interested then-" Connor raised his eyebrows, Evan sighed and took a deep breath. "Connor Murphy, will you go to the prom with me?" Connor was shocked, he couldn't believe Evan, his Evan had just come out and asked him to the prom. He felt his eyes prickling with tears.

"I, yes!" Evan beamed and he wrapped himself around Connor. Connor returned the embrace. The two of them just sat there on Connor's bed, as Connor tried to process the wonderful thing that just happened.