2: Connor

Connor couldn't believe it. What were the odds honestly. Why couldn't he get stuck with that JD guy. He wore dark colours, showed signs of drug use and crippling depression they could have really hit it off! Or killed each other. Well now no one will ever know, because it looks like Connor Murphy will be spending the next four weeks working with Evan Hansen. They were sitting against a wall at the back of the classroom, they were meant to be starting to plan their assignment but neither one had said a word in five minutes. Connor could tell Evan was not one for starting conversations so he decided to take a punt.

"So," Evan looked up at Connor, "you like my sister..." Evan whinced.

"I knew it, i knew it wasn't over!" He leaned over and hugged his knees. Connor grew really concerned, what the hell was this kid talking about?

"What do you mean?" Evan buried his face in his knees, Connor could see the tears starting to form.

"You're going to show everyone aren't you? The letter I wrote, you're going to put it online for everyone to see and completely humiliate me in front of the whole school." Connor was shocked. Sure he was an arsehole and a bully but he would never go to such lengths to destroy someone like that, that would be low even for him.

"And what gives you the impression i would do that?" Evan peeped up from his knees. He wiped his face with his sleeve, trying to compose himself.

"Jared said that's what people do." Connor sighed. Jared Kleinman was a dickhead. A real motherfucking cock.

"Hey Jared is wrong, I honestly couldn't be bothered to put your letter online even if i wanted to, and besides i lost it somewhere." That seemed to calm Evan down slightly, though he still looked uneasy. Emotions made Connor feel uncomfortable so he tried to change the subject. "I tell you what, I'll help you talk to my sister." Evan turned his body around to face Connor, his face still blotchy from crying.

"Really? Why? I thought you said i was a freak?" Connor shrugged his shoulders.

"I was just having a bad day don't take it personally." Evan adjusted his collar, for the third time in 10 minutes. Connor figured it must be a nervous tick or something.

"Okay, what's the catch?" Connor shrugged.

"No catch." Evan raised his eyebrows in suspicion, Connor had to admit he was pretty switched on. "No I'm serious, if i can get you to talk and hang out with my sister she might leave me alone more. I could really use that." Evan nodded slowly.

"Okay. But we should really talk about this assignment. We have some lessons to work on it but we will still need to work on it out of class together... So what do you want to do?" Connor pretended to think.

"Ah lets see... ummm... oh i know, not do the assignment?" Evan rolled his eyes.

"Okay if you are going to be like that then... what if you come over to my place after school to work on it." Connor shook his head.

"Nope." Evan bit his lip.

"Okay, well what if i come to yours." Connor laughed.

"Ha nope, absolutely not next option." Evan thought for a minute.

"Okay what if we work on it in the library during lunch breaks?" Connor burst into hysterics.

"Oh that's a good one Evan you are quite the comedian," he chuckled pretending to wipe a tear from his eye, "do I look like i need 'geek' and 'nerd' added to my list along with 'emo', 'druggo', and 'freak'?" Evan was starting to get annoyed, which surprised Connor. He just seemed too small and innocent to be capable of feeling annoyed. It was almost adorable.