Chapter 8: I'm the Boss

Start from the beginning

"Mom you good?" Nasir laughed.

"Leave me alone."

"Mommy sad Nas." King looked up at me before standing in my lap. "Don't sad mommy." he held my face in his little hands. "It okay." he kissed my lips.

"Awwwwww." i heard and chuckled.

"Aye get off'a her." Keyeion pulled him.

"Fuck daddy!"

"King!" They yelled in shock.

Shaking my head, i listen as they scolded him and his father. All i could do at this point was tell him not to say the word continuously because King was very hard headed.

"Kenon... Is there something you gotta say?" Keyeion spoke and his brother nodded after putting his fork down.

Standing to his feet, he looked at Nasir and Mercedes.

"What's their names again?"

"Nasir and Mercedes."

"Right. Uhm. Nasir and Mercedes, i wanna apologize for all the trouble I've caused and the pain and... The ache and i want y'all to know that i didn't mean what i did. I was in desperate search of my brother and needed a way to get to him. Again. I'm sorry." he spoke.

If i were them, i wouldn't accept his apology. But I'm not so it doesn't matter. He stood there and watch as they looked at him. I know from that look Nas had, he wasn't gonna accept the apology so i was expecting a strong rejection.

Instead of answering, Nas got up with his wife and left the table with their food, leaving the rest confused.

"Damn." Kenon sat.

Getting up, i left them and made my way to Natalia's room. Knocking on the door, i didn't hear anything so i let myself in.

"Talia?" i closed the door.

She was laying in bed with the covers over her. I sat on the bed and gently removed the covers, seeing her looking at me. She had small bandages on parts of her face and her eyes were red.

"Whats wrong?" i gently rubbed her cheek. "What happen to you?"

"I was in a car accident." she mumbled.

I gasp at what she said and looked at her in shock.

"Are you okay? Anything broken? Can you remember anything? Ca-"

"Mom... I'm fine."

"You don't look fine."

Looking at me, tears threatened to leave her eyes and i knew from then, something was really wrong with her.

"Martinique called off the engagement." she whispered and sniffled.

"What? Why?" i frowned.

"She told me she doesn't wanna be with me anymore. Mom i tried." she sniffled. "I really did. I- i have loved everyone who came into my life and in return they left me." she hugged me and cried on my chest.

"That aint make no fuckin' sense. It must be a reason why she called it off and left."

"I dont know why."

"Its fine baby."

"Mom its not. Im sitting here crying my eyes out like i always do. Nobody loves me."

I sighed andd rubbed her back, listening to her cries.

"Baby sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. And just because your relationship end means its not worth having. It might take a little time but you'll get through this. We'll get through this together. Okay?"