Chapter 23.

Angela Jones

It's been a month since everything changed and happened. Right now, I'm in school doing my homework in the library. I've finally moved on from my parents' death; accepting that they died for a good cause. To protect me. 

"Hey, earth to Angel. You there?" Sasha said as she waved her hands in front of my face, snapping me from my thoughts.

"Huh? Oh yeah, what's up?" I said as I looked at her with a smile. I met her through Mason, she's his cousin.

"I was saying, there's a party tonight at Marcus' house. You should come," She smiled. "Bring your friends with you. Chelsea and Gumi, right?"

"Yeah, okay. I'll give Gumi a call later. But Chels can't come since ya know." I said as I started to pack my things. 

"Oh yeah, sorry... Oh and by the way, wear something nice." She added then left.

"Okay..." I said to myself slowly. Is that her way of saying I look like shit? Okay then.

When I left the library, I got my phone and checked if I had any messages. There was one from Sasha saying the party starts at 8pm and another one from Gumi asking what I'm doing tonight. I texted Sasha back with an 'Okay, thanks :)' and called Gumi.

"Angela! Hi! How's it going?" She said over the phone.

"Good. Going back home now. You free tonight?" I said as I made my way to my route.

"Yes! Haha please take me out of this house, I'm so bored."

"Okay! Hahaha tell your mom that you're going to spend the night at my house. Be ready by 7:30, we're going somewhere tonight and... Wait a minute, where's Noboru? I thought you guys don't leave each other's side." I said.

"Alright. Ha-ha very funny. He's at his house, he went out with his boys today. I didn't want to bother him."

"Ohh okay, then its a girls night. See you later."

"Okay. See you then. Thanks Angel." 

"Sure." I said as we both hung up.

When I got back to the pack house, I checked if Mason was home. He wasn't. I saw Joey in the living room and questioned what was going on.

"Well, I visited Chelsea awhile ago. I have good news." He grinned.

"Really? Oh my gosh! What is it?" I haven't seen Chelsea since last 2 weeks ago when Gumi and I visited. We've been incredibly busy with school since we had a lot of things to catch up.

"Chelsea's my mate." He smiled. "They are allowing her to be a human again but here's the thing.."

"She's your mate?!! Oh my gosh, Joey!" I was surprised. "What is it? What's the thing?"

"Yeah. Hahaha. Uhm. When she becomes human again, permanently. She wouldn't remember everything. Including you, Gumi, and me. Her memory will be erased so all the secrets of the mermaid kingdom will still be kept a secret." He explained.

"Wow. Then why didn't that happen to Gumi since she's also a human now?" 

"She's your protector, Angel. She's here for a reason besides being with her mate and school. She's here to protect you. Chelsea in the other hand, she's back in the ocean and from there she couldn't protect you."

"But she still protected me, maybe we could find something to help her become human and still have her memories." I said, desparately.

"I don't know. You have to ask her that. She's still deciding." He said. I knew I had to do something for him and for Chelsea. 

"Mason, I think we should do something for Joey, he helped us and now, all he wants is his mate." I said as I found Mason in his office. 

"I know, I owe Joey a lot. If I was him, I wouldn't have let my mate sacrifice herself for someone else. But we really have to do something." He said. He stood up from his chair that he was sitting from and went up to me, "but I have to do something for us before I do something for someone else."

"What?" I was abruptly looked at him. How could he think of us in this situation? I mean yeah, I love him but how could he be so selfish.

"I'm not being selfish, I just have to fix things between us."

Did he just read my mind???

"We have to go somewhere tomorrow morning, I'll take care of the situation with Joey and Chelsea. Oh and hey, there's a party tonight." He said as he hugged me from the back.

"Ah yeah, you going?" I asked as I felt his lips behind my neck. Damn this boy.

"No. I have to take care of stuff. You can go and enjoy it for me." He said as he turned me to look at him.

"Okay. Thanks." I said, I didn't feel like kissing him but he beat me to it as I felt his hot lips to mine but it left seconds later.

"I love you." I couldn't help but grin at what I just said.

"I love you too. Go get ready, have fun." He smiled as I walked out of his office. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Hiii everyone! i know its been MONTHS since i updated and omg yas im still alive and im really sorry for this ): Things went bad for me at some point and i hope you all dont hate me. I'll make it up for it! I PROMISE. I GOT A NEW PHONE SO I CAN WRITE THERE TOO! HAHAHA I LOVE YOU ALL.

THANK YOU FOR STAYING (: Vote, comment, and share!

~ Ellie