Chapter 10.

Juliet Johnson

My father and I decided that we should have some ground rules when we go to the Alpha's house. I think he didn't mention his name. So when we arrive there, we would have to ask it.

"Okay, so remember the three rules?" My father asked as he placed my breakfast on the table.

"Yep. One, don't interrupt. Two, be respectful, and three, no snooping." I smiled. In the inside, I wasn't. I just wanted to look for Mason and rip his head off. My father smiled and after our breakfast, we went to the Alpha's house.

When we arrived there, we knocked the door and a woman, in her forties, opened it with a big smile on her face. She had her brown hair up in a bun and she was wearing a nice, long white dress. She was even wearing a cardigan and glasses.

"Goodmorning! Please come in." She said, as she gestured us to go inside. We said our goodmornings and went inside. She was completely nice, she told us to wait for her husband and she also introduced herself.

"I must be so rude! I'm Grace Jones but just call me Grace." She smiled.

My father returned the smile and said, "I'm Henry Johnson but just call me Henry. And this is my daughter, Juliet." I smiled and waved a bit.

She told us to wait in the living room and that she would make coffee for my father and that I had a choice of either watching tv or use their computer. I took the offer of just watching tv so she just smiled back.

After a few minutes, the Alpha appeared from the hallway. "Sorry I kept you guys waiting." He said as he walked in the room.

"It's okay. Btw, we didn't properly introduce ourselves. I'm Henry Johnson but just call me Henry. And this is my daughter Juliet." My father said as he introduced us.

"Very well then, Henry. I'm Alpha James Jones. Just call me James since I'm not really your Alpha. And nice to meet you Juliet." James said as he shook my father's hand and smiled at me. I smiled back and sinked in my seat.

James' wife, Grace, had told my father and her husband that they should discuss the topic in the dining area where it is safe and that there's coffee ready for the both of them. Meanwhile, I was just sitting on the couch minding my own business when a dog jumped on me. I screamed and pushed him off. My fangs grew ready to strike on him when Grace bolted into the room and stopped whatever I was about to do.

"I'm terribly sorry. I forgot to tell you we have a dog." She said in a panic-tone. She took the dog and instructed him to go outside.

I relaxed a bit and calmed down. I straighten my posture and my fangs became shorter. I thought to myself, "It's funny how they have a dog and their technically dogs already." I laughed to myself and Grace eyed me.

"I'm sorry for any disturbance that Porsche has done to you. My daughter isn't here to walk him out or take care of him right now." Grace said as she sat down on the couch.

Daughter? They have a daughter? Well that explains the brunette girl with wavy hair in almost every picture in this house. "Oh you have a daughter..." I mumbled to her. She had a small smile but she didn't seem so happy.

I didn't want to ask but I just had to. "What happened to your daughter?"

"Oh. She went out of town with a friend. She told me that she's not sure when she's coming back because she's not sure when her friend will be okay." She explained.

"Why is she leaving with a friend for a few weeks?" I asked.

"She said that her friend, whom I assume is a she, has some problems that would like to talk about. I'm just sad that she's not here. I miss my little girl." Grace said as she had a tear fall down her face.

"Oh. Well you got some girl out there." I smiled.

She smiled back and we just had a moment of silence... Until my father came into the room, smiling. "We can search the perimeter..." He said as James came into the room.
"With the help of my pack." James grinned. I was happy and I just stood up and shook his hand as a sign of 'thank you'.

When we finished talking with them, we gathered up our pack member and James' gathered up his pack members. We started searching and I could smell faint cinnamon outside of their neighbours house. I checked it with my two friends, Ira and Era. The door was locked so we had to knock first if someone was home.

"No one's home there. Mr. Freeman and his son hasn't come back for two days now." Grace's voice said behind us. I gave her a smile and just kicked the door open with Ira and Era. The smell of cinnamon became stronger inside and Grace just left. Then I realised something, Mr. Freeman? Isn't that Mason's last name. I had been right when I found a small picture of him in his room.

"Mason was their neighbour." I stated. Ira and Era nodded.

"Juliet, I also smell a mixture of wolf in here." Era piped up. She was right. There was a mixture of wolf.

We went out of the house and I was about to call everyone when I saw my father calling me. I ran towards and him stopped, "what is it?" I asked.

"We have a situation." He said. What now?

"Are you looking for John Freeman and his son Mason Freeman?" James said as he walked towards us.

"Yes. How did you know?" I asked.

"Well it turns out that you are looking for a human. You are not allowed to look for any humans here." He said angrily. Human? What?

"What do you mean humans? John and Mason Freeman are vampires since the day they were born." I said.

James gave a confused look and was trying to collect his thoughts in his head. "So you are saying that Mason, the boy who live next door to us, is a vampire." He said. I nodded.

He looked so surprised. "How can that be?! He didn't have any trace of being a vampire!" He said angrily. Why is this affecting him so much?

"His father is a chemist. He had found a way for wolves or vampires to not trace us by disguising our smell with cinnamon. Cinnamon was the only ingredient available. So yeah.." I explained. He breathed out the air he was holding in.

"My daughter is his mate." He stated, angrily. I was in shock. This is just great.

"You aren't allowed any further to look here. Leave before midnight." He sternly said. My father agreed and I was still surprised. We left afterwards.

We all gathered up our things as we went back to the motel. "Juliet." My father called out in my mind.

"What is it?" I said to him. We were just packing our things and cleaning the room.

"Don't kill him, Juliet." He said, referring to Mason.

"Why not?" I sternly said.

"Because he's someone's mate." My father stated. I kept quiet and thought about it for a while..

After we left the motel we just headed out to the city. I thought to myself about my father told me and what James said about Mason.

I can't kill him, I just have to torture him. I said to myself with a wicked smile.

_____________________________________

Author's Note:

Sorry about the late update. I was supposed to update yesterday but I forgot.. Anyway, hope you like this chapter.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share it!

Btw, what do you think of Juliet? Isn't she just wonderful! (Note the sarcasm)

That's it my loves. I'll update soon!

~ Ellie