Chapter 20.

Angela Jones

Everything happened so fast.

When we arrived back from France. We rushed to my house immediately, because I felt something bad in the pit of my stomach. When I arrived in the pack territory I was surprised at the how many people were fighting. My pack was winning, I knew that. The vampires were outnumbered and were weaker than we were. Joey, Gumi, Chelsea, and Noboru quickly helped and they were in combat.

Mason accompanied me to my house. When I got there, I screamed. My mother was lying down on the floor with blood all over. I was too late.

Mason went straight to the basement when we heard yelling. I also went with him. And now. After the battle, he was one the on the floor, dying.

"Mason!"

I hurriedly took a shirt from no where and put it on. I fell on my knees beside him and I almost forgot about my father. I looked at him and it was also too late. He lost a lot of blood and was now hanging on our wall, dead.

"Such monsters!" I cried. Mason was breathing a bit and I was scared that if I touched him, he might just break.

"Mason, don't leave me. Please. I'm going to look for help." I said a I stood up. Drying my tears a bit and ran outside. The battle was over and I saw Joey and the others running to my house.

"Angel! What's wrong?" Chelsea asked she got to me. I hugged her and cried.

"Ma-mason he-he's h-hurt!" They looked at each other and we went downstairs.

"What should I do?! I don't know anymore!" I cried out. I heard a few more footsteps and I looked up to see Blake. He looked at me with sad eyes and hugged me.

"I know how he can survive." We all went silent and looked at Chelsea.

"How?" I hiccuped.

"Us mermaids... We have this one wish... One wish that could either help us or break us." She said.

"What do you have to do?" I asked. I was risking anything for Mason.

"I have to expose myself. Get me a bucket of salt water. Now." She demanded. I let go of Blake and he ran to the nearest lake. After 2 minutes, he came back with a bucket.

"Angel, can I speak with you?" Joey asked from behind of Chelsea.

"What is it?" I asked. He motioned me to follow him.

"It's about Chelsea." He breathed out as we walked to the corner of the room.

"What about Chelsea?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"If she does this, she won't be on land anymore. She has to go back to the ocean." Crap. I forgot about that deal she made with Poseidon when she became my protector.

"No. She can't." I said.

"She has too. She's sacrificing her life as a human for you, okay? But Angel." He said.

"What? I know I can't risk- ugh I don't know anymore." I said as I placed my head on my hands.

"Angel, she's my mate. I can't risk losing her." He said. I froze. No no no. I can't.

"Chelsea! Come here!" I yelled. I felt Joey froze beside me.

"What?" She asked.

"If you do this, can I still see you?" I asked.

"Yeah. When you go by the ocean, I'll visit." She sadly said.

"Joey tell her." I felt him tensed up but he still went for it.