Chapter 16 - A Challenge From Lobelia Girls' Academy! [Part 1]

Episode 9: A Challenge From Lobelia Girls’ Academy!

        Hitomi couldn’t believe this, “You mean all of the afternoon classes have been canceled?” Haruhi confirmed with the girls that surrounded her. Hitomi sat in her seat and stared out of the window.

        “You mean you don’t know?” One of the girls questioned in disbelief.

        “It’s going to be crazy around here for the next two days.” Another girl didn’t do a very good job in elaborating.

        “Ouran is hosting an exposition for the cultural clubs.” The first girl explained a little further into detail, “Drama and choir clubs for a bunch of other schools have been invited.”

        “It’s a big event the school hosts annually.” The second girl added in there.

        “Is that so?” Haruhi said, sounding confused.

        “What?! You mean you’ve never tried it?!” The twins voices overtook Haruhi’s and Hitomi’s attention was drawn to the twins talking to Renge.

        “Didn’t anyone ever tell you it’s the preferred drink of the Host Club?” Hikaru said, almost is shock. Renge looked nervous.

“And you are our manager, so you should drink it too.” Kaoru added.

        “Well, I-I think I’ve heard of instant coffee before.” She rubbed her face with a pink handkerchief, “Oh, that’s right! Isn’t it when the coffee beans have already been grounded for you?” The twins put their hands in an X position and made a buzzer noise.

        “That’s just ground coffee.” Hikaru said as if he were superior, “Instant is something completely different. I don’t think there are any coffee beans in instant coffee. You just mix this powder with hot water and drink it! You don’t have to brew it; it’s pretty awesome.”

        “So it’s just like coffee but not as robust.” Kaoru said.

        “And yet it’s strangely satisfying.” Hikaru said in wonder.

        “Now that you mention it, we just ran out of it, didn’t we?” Kaoru said as if he were deep in thought. That’s when the twins put their hands on Hitomi’s shoulder as she was getting up.

        “Go buy us some more, Hitomi.” They said in unison and Hitomi bowed her head down.

        “Why do I have to go get it?” Hitomi said in defeat.

        “Because you’re our maid and no one knows where to buy it.” A vein popped.

        “We’ve been serving it to our guests lately and besides, it’s part of your job.” Kaoru said.

        “But the cultural club exposition starts soon.” Haruhi said trying to save Hitomi as the picked her up like she was crowd surfing.

        “Yeah, but it’s no mandatory, so if you’re not interested you don’t have to go.” Hikaru said triumphantly.

        “That being said, be careful out there.” They dropped her by the door and waved blue handkerchiefs like she was on the Titanic or something.

        “Thanks for helping them out, Hitomi.” Two girls said as they passes.

        “No problem, I just wish they’d buy their own instant coffee.” Hitomi gave a girly giggle.