Chapter 10 - The Twins Fight! [Part 2]

After school, Hitomi had taken Haruhi to her house. Haruhi loved it, of course, it brought horrible memories swirling into Hitomi’s head. She told her dad everything, and he broke into sobs and he promised he would be a better father but Hitomi doubted that. She missed her loving family. Her mom that smiled every time she looked at Hitomi and a dad who would sing songs to her before she went to bed. But this was better for her. She had to get away from everything putting her down. Haruhi had spoken to her dad over the phone and he said that it would be perfectly fine if Hitomi lived with them. Hitomi almost bursted into sobs herself. She went to her room and packed all of her clothes, albums, posters, and everything she needed.

        Haruhi then took her to her apartment and Hitomi was given a small guest bedroom that they rarely ever used. Hitomi couldn’t thank them enough. She cooked dinner for them and even told them funny stories in her life. Haruhi’s dad had called the school and explained the situation and they had said it was perfectly fine if Hitomi could continue to go to Ouran, almost as if she had a scholarship. She had the grades to show for it as well, so it wasn’t a problem.

        She felt apart of a real family again.

        School the next day was a tad different. Hitomi had to make Haruhi and Hitomi box lunches. Hitomi had promised that since they promised to let her live there, she would cook, clean and do whatever she could to pay back for all that she did. Sh had a lot of money in her bank account, so she paid for most of the food she bought even though they insisted.

        Then there were the twins.

        Haruhi and Hitomi were studying, Haruhi sitting at her desk and Hitomi knelt by the side instead of sitting herself, “Hey Hitomi! Haruhi!” Hikaru’s voice said and they both looked up to see a flamingo pink haired boy, “Good morning.”

        “Hikaru, what on earth happened to you hair?” Hitomi gave a small smile. She was so grateful, that she couldn’t stop smiling that entire day. She swore she saw Hikaru blush.

        “Don’t you think it’s cute?” He said proudly with a weird smile on his face. He acted as if he were missing something and he was. His twin, “From now on I’m the pink haired twin. I didn’t want to be mistaken for that Kaoru for the rest of my life, you know?”

        They heard footsteps and Hitomi turned her attention to behind Hikaru. Kaoru had dyed his hair blue, “Good morning, Hitomi. Haruhi.” He said and Hikaru gave him a strange glare.

        “So Kaoru’s the blue twin?” Haruhi inquired and Hitomi took her seat and she realized she was in-between both of the twins. Perfect.

        “I was finally able to sleep all by myself last night.” Kaoru smiled, “But I ended up having a nightmare. I dreamt that my stylist had dyed my hair pink. It was so garish and ridiculous looking, I woke up screaming.” He laughed and was about to sit down when Hikaru kicked the leg of his chair and he fell on his butt instead. Then Kaoru grabbed the leg of Hikaru’s chair and tipped it so that he fell as well.

        They stood up ominously and gave each other blank, yet scary stares. Then they proceeded to throw everything they could find at each other with Hitomi in the middle reading a novel. 

        After class, it was lunch. Hitomi had held onto Haruhi’s box lunch and handed to her, “Thanks.” She said and Hitomi looked at the menu and her stomach growled and she immediately hung her head in despair.

        “I’m sorry. That was rude.” Hitomi said in dismay and Haruhi only giggled. They passed the twins.

        “I’ll have the A Lunch.” They said at the exact same moment and then they glared at each other, “No, give me the B Pasta and D Salad.” Another glare. They then continued to order the same thing for a while, “Stop copying me! Why don’t you just leave me alone?!”