Chapter 4 - The Job of a Highschool Host! [Part 2]

“Kyoya, how long have you known, though?” Tamaki asked and Kyoya got out his black notebook and opened it up.

        “As you know, I conduct a little research on each of our customers. I didn’t think the information was relevant, so I disregarded it.” Kyoya said, “And he’s very boring.” He closed the book with one hand.

        “Since when were you merciless towards guys? Is that why you avoided telling me that boys have been requesting me? So how many is it?” Hitomi adjusted the hem of her maids’ outfit.

        “About fifty-three.” Hitomi almost fainted.

        “I could have been helping out Haruhi this entire time and you said nothing!” She yelled and Kyoya didn’t budge.

        “Starting with the dance, we will have our very first hostess.” Hitomi wanted to die, this was not how she wanted to spend her high school years.

        “Alright everyone, we’re going to have to work on our strategy.” Tamaki said in all seriousness.

        “Which one?” Everyone asked at the same time.

        “It is our job, as elite members of the Host Club, to make every girl, and boy apparently, happy!” Tamaki decreed.

        A week later, the party was ready and it was time for the dance. Hitomi had stayed the entire time helping out with the decoration and making all of the sweets and food for everyone. It would be a night to remember, she hoped.

        Her mom had picked out a dress for her to wear for this type of affair. She said she could live in her maid outfit, but he mother insisted, and next thing she knew, she was wearing it. It was a ivory colored dress that had three red straps in the back, holding the top part together. Near her lower back, large, ivory pieces of cloth were tied at the back, holding the bottom to the top. The dress flowed to the bottom and trailed behind Hitomi. The dress led up her neck and was tied at the back of her neck with red string. Red outlined the top of the dress. It was beautiful, and it went with the blonde wig the Hosts would later give her.

        Her auburn hair was tied at the back, but strands flew from it and tickled the back of her neck Her bangs were like curtains on her face and some strands framed her face. In the bun was a white flower. In other words, she was glowing. 

        “Hello, my little lambs,” Tamaki said to the dark room. The girls were all in their fancy dresses, awaiting the arrival of their knight in shining armor. Hitomi could see all of the boys in their suits, but didn’t spot Toru. It wouldn’t be easy for him to recognize her if he wasn’t there, “The Host Club would like to bid you…welcome.” A spotlight went onto Tamaki who was wearing a white suit with a purple undershirt and vest along with a pink bow tie.

        All of the lights in the chandeliers went on and the girls clapped as the orchestra started playing. Hitomi had composed some music, with the help of her father, late at night.

        “But wouldn’t a B flat sound better there?’ Hitomi had pointed at the sheet music sitting on their piano.

        “You’re right. You got me there, Hiti.” He used her nickname she gave herself when she was about three years old, “And then a D flat there, perfect, you’re getting better.” He smiled. They had stayed up until one in the morning.

        All the members of the Host Club, along with Hitomi and Haruhi, were standing on the staircase below where Tamaki, the King, was standing. The twins and Haruhi were on Hitomi’s right side while Mori, Honey and Kyoya were on her left. She was straight in the middle. She heard a few whispers, but nothing too bad.