Chapter 1 - Starting Today, You Are A Host! [Part 1]

Episode 1: Starting Today, You Are A Host!

        “Only those with excellent social standing and those from filthy rich families are lucky enough to spend their time here at the the elite private school, Ouran Academy. The Ouran Host Club is where the school’s handsomest boys with too much time on their hands entertain young ladies who also have way too much time on their hands. Just think of it as Ouran Academy’s playground for the super rich and beautiful.”

        -Tamaki Suoh

        Hitomi Takenaka was dropped off by her parents’ limousine. She thanked the driver, Mr. Hiroshi, and grabbed her bag and closed the door. Today was her first day at Ouran Academy as a first year student. Ouran was one of the most prestigious academies in all of Japan. Only the children of the rich and beautiful attend this academy, though Hitomi wouldn’t classify herself as beautiful. She just had a father who was well renowned in the music industry.

        Her entire life was surrounded by music. she could play the flute, violin, piano, cello, saxophone, and clarinet. She had a few singing lessons when she was younger and she even had to admit that she was good at it, but not ready to be a professional in any sort of way.

        She was wearing her own Ouran uniform that cost way too much to be this simple. She should’ve just made one herself with her sewing kit. It was a light yellow dress with large shoulder sleeves that grew tight as they went down the arm with white cuffs with brown buttons. It came with an almost white bib like feature with a dark, tuscan red color ribbon tied in a bow. She wore white tights with brown buckled shoes with a small heel. Her hair was a dark auburn color though it almost looked like a light brown. It was in two floppy pigtails that rested on her shoulder tied by the same door of ribbon tied around her neck. She carried a used brown bag that she’s had since junior high.

        She walked through the opened golden gate and saw the beautiful courtyard. It had beautiful grass hedges, some with pink roses growing out of them. She saw all of the people who had come from the same class as her last year. She heard the loud, yet soft bell ring and she saw the famous Ouran clocktower. It would definitely be beautiful in the spring time. She rushed, which was very improper for a lady, into a pink building, which was the color of all of the buildings at Ouran.

        It was beautiful there. Hitomi went up a grand staircase of a beautiful, lustful red with a beautiful wooden designed rail. Above her, the ceiling rounded into a pink dome with a gallery chandelier. From the top of the stairs, you could see out of the windows towards the beautiful blue sky that made the Ouran clock tower pop.

        Hitomi went into her classroom which differed from the outside. The walls were white with flowing gold designs in the back. In the middle of the classroom was a red carpet that matched the ones on the staircase. The mahogany desks were larger than the average school’s. Most of the students had a laptop, but Hitomi didn’t want to type notes. She wanted to write, because that’s what she loved to do.

        The teacher directed her to her seat and she placed her bag on the hook attached to the desk. Everything seemed normal except for one thing. Hitomi turned around and saw two Ouran girls speaking to another girl. She may not look it, but it was obvious that she was a girl.

        She was wearing a large eggplant purple sweater that had try black stripes on the collar. You could also see the collar of a white undershirt and it was also sticking out a the bottom of the sweater. She was wearing black trousers as well as shoes. Her pixie cute, dark brown hair was ruffled all over the place and her glasses were very large with a dark brown rim. That must’ve been Haruhi Fujioka, the famous transfer student.