Chapter 14 - The Sun, The Sea and The Host Club! [Part 1]

Episode 8: The Sun, The Sea and The Host Club!

        Hitomi couldn’t believe it. The Host Club was actually taking Haruhi and her to the beach, just like they had wanted in the last chapter. Hitomi had woken up, her hair completely a mess and she put it into a messy bun with fringe on the side of her face. She put on a nice blue sundress with white polka dots and some sandals. Haruhi was wearing a dark blue shirt with awhile outline and a yellow sun in the middle as well as khaki shorts.

        “Really? The beach?” Haruhi yawned as she walked into the kitchen where Hitomi was making omelets.

        “Yeah. Kyoya texted me saying that we would all be meeting at his family’s private beach.” Hitomi stepped away from the stove to pour Haruhi a glass of orange juice and handed to her.

        “Thanks. Where’d you get that dress? It’s gorgeous!” Haruhi took a sip of her orange juice that was actually squeezed by Hitomi herself.

        “Believe it or not, my mom and I made it.” Hitomi gave a small smile.

        “Wow, you’re mom must be awesome.” Hitomi flinched for a second and Haruhi apologized as fast as she could.

        “No, don’t worry about it. she was. She would always sing to me or read me a story. My favorite was The Little Mermaid. I was always her little Ariel.” Hitomi tugged on a strand of her reddish hair, “Plus, my mom was the one who taught me how to cook when my grandfather was bedridden. His one wish was for his granddaughter to make him something special so I made him a a homemade dish. I had never seen him smile so widely.” Hitomi giggled and Haruhi smiled at her own fair share of memories.

        “My mom was a lawyer and always went to solve cases with a huge smile on her face. She was great cook too and taught me everything I know.” Haruhi took another sip of orange juice as Hitomi placed two plates with omelets on them onto the table.

        “We should hurry up and try not to be late.” Hitomi laughed, “I think we should avoid going to the Host Club first because they might force us to wear the most ridiculous things.” Hitomi’s phone rang and she saw it was Hikaru, “What?” She answered annoyed and Haruhi laughed.

        “Where are you?! We have really cute suits we want you to try out.” They yelled in unison and Hitomi had to hold the phone away from her face to avoid dying from her ears bleeding out.

        “Kyoya already told me to meet you in Okinawa, so just be patient and no, we will not be wearing those ridiculous things!” She yelled and she swore she heard running.

        “Hitomi!” Tamaki, “We noticed you were running late and we were worried! Are you okay?!”

        “The only one who was worrying was you, Boss.”

        “We’ll meet you there!” She said once more and closed her phone. She scratched the back of her neck and smiled at Haruhi, “They are so silly.” They laughed.

        Hitomi and Haruhi went through public transportation to get to the private beach that the Ootori’s owned. The two girls walked down a stone path down the hill until their feet hit the sand. It was beautiful. Hitomi had always admired the beach, but she had an anxiety of drowning, but she was her mother’s little Ariel. She just had to keep swimming.

        Hitomi spotted Tamaki and a girl sitting on a rock. Oh, so there would be business. Hitomi frowned as she and Haruhi wandered about. She spotted some other boys waiting to be accompanied by their mermaid princess but she waited until the rock was unoccupied. That might be awhile considering that Tamaki had a line a girls right behind him and Kyoya was directing when each girl would go.