Chapter 2

After dinner, Mr. Hwang and his wife, as usual, relaxing in the living room. Tiffany also joined them this night. It had been a while since they had times like this together since Tiffany wanted to leave the house and bought a condo near to her company. At first, of course, her father and mother didn't allow her but she tried to persuade them by giving such lame excuses such as wanting to avoid traffic jams, didn't want to come back home late because of the distance and bla bla bla.

Mrs. Hwang asked her daughter to come home on this weekend but on the second thought, she knew that her daughter wouldn't even want to come so she forced the woman to come with her instead of this weekend. So here she was, feeling irritated but she's a good daughter so she just simply followed what her parents want her to do.

Tiffany grabbed the remote controller of the plasma TV. She switched on the fashion channel. She adored fashion designers that designed lots of good clothing. Her dream, when she was still young, was a fashion designer but seemed like she's the only daughter of the family, she lets her parents decided her future instead. She knew parents were always right.

Tiffany took a glance at the clock, 9.15 PM. She didn't feel like sleeping at all. She's like a vampire, roaming at nights to search for her prey. Usually, at times like this, she would go to any clubs in the city. Plus, with the addition of a hot guy or girl with her. But tonight was different. She's unwillingly stayed in her parents' house instead of making out. She silently sighed, not wanting her parents to hear it.

Gosh, I really need to get out of this house now. But, mommy will mad and say that I don't love her anymore. Relax Tiff, relax... Just for this night. Only tonight.

"Hmm... Is the company doing okay, Stephanie?" Mr. Hwang asked after a long silence.

"Okay." She answered without breaking her stares to the television's screen. It was not really concerned her if her father suddenly asked about the company since he always asked about it. Besides, she felt like her father knew more about the business than her. He's more experienced. She also often talked or discussed the company with her father anyway.

"I thought mommy says that you wanted to talk with me about something urgent. What is it, daddy?" She suddenly remembered her conversations with her mother this evening. The one that made her stayed here instead of going to clubs.

"Ah.. that one... You once have told me that you need an architect, right?"

"Yeah, I did. But it was a year ago and I think I don't need it anymore." Tiffany said, already switching to the other channel.

Mr. Hwang was surprised to hear that. He sighed deeply before starting to talk again, "I have a friend's daughter of mine that willing to take that position. Plus, she's a master holder. Don't lose the opportunity, Tiffany." He ignored her daughter's remark.

He really wanted to have Taeyeon as an employee of his daughter. He could see the potential in Taeyeon's eyes. The potential to make the company more successful than it was.

Tiffany sighed. She knew she couldn't argue anymore to her father. Her father knew better than her. She was fuming in anger. Her father simply picked people to become her employee. What's so special of that person to just let her father told her about this? She also had no idea. Whatever it was, she hoped that it was nothing.

But she was still suspicious of his father. She really hoped that the girl was only her employee, not her step-mother. Her father couldn't be trusted too easily. The last time she checked, her parents almost divorced when they were still in California. Oh, how stressed she was 6 years ago. She even flew to Seoul for a while. Thankfully, they're still fated together.