Chapter 33

(Sharon's POV)
I woke up and checked my phone for the time,and was surprised that it was four fifty in the morning. I smiled when I realized that for once I had woken up before five, the actual time that I was supposed to be up.

My eyes scanned around and I saw Jason limps sprawling everywhere, so I did my best to cover him up. It didn't even last a second before he had kicked the blacked away from his body.I figured that maybe he was comfortable, so I stopped trying.

I checked the time again and only three minutes had passed. I should have woken up then for my morning routine, but I chose to wait till five. I didn't care that it was only 7 minutes to time. With the way I  was salvaging those minutes, no one would have believed it if I told them that we had slept through the whole Sunday.

After Saturday's event went well, we threw a party and by the time everyone else left, we were so tired . I almost begged Tess to tuck us in . But  I did ask her to lock the doors before she left. Tess didn't want to leave, but Patrick kept threatening to file her as a missing person if she didn't say what was going on. Of course Tess could not tell him the truth, so she had to leave early with everyone else.

I had promised to call tess on  Sunday morning, but Jason had run into my room being chased by Miranda. Jason didn't want to eat his cereal so I took a few minutes to feed him. By then, Miranda had already gotten under the covers and had moved my phone further than my hands could reach, so I postponed calling. Jason went to sleep even before his food was done so I cleaned him up and put him under the the cover as well .

Thanks to the dark curtains in my room it was always dark thusly, I could shamelessly sleep in . We slept the whole day and the whole night and still there I was on a Monday morning, waiting to sleep till the last second.

Finally,my alarm went off and I got up happier than usual. I didn't know what it was, but I had a feeling it was going to be a good day.

I went to the washroom and did my morning routine as quickly as possible. After, I made breakfast for the kids. I prepared my coffee to go and set it aside. At six thirty, I woke my kids up- Miranda was supposed to be at school by eight and I at work by eight. But I could extend upto nine . Mr Lewis didn't mind as long as I didn't have any work left over. Jason was supposed to be at school a little earlier that us, 7:50.I had started taking Jason to a pre-kindergarten when he was a little over two because I couldn't get a babysitter I could trust with my son.My family had helped me, Beryl had given me her househelp but when she went back, I figured it was better to take him there. At least he could count to twenty and sing the national anthem though it was gibberish. He also had learnt to jabber the grace. The best was his drawings of Miranda and I, we were both males in the pictures but it was great.

By seven fifteen, we're were all in the car and Jason was then fully awake asking for his sausages. Miranda and I couldn't stop staring at each other because he had already eaten his sausages and we didn't want to interfere with the food we had packed for him. I was busy driving, but I could sense a tantrum coming.

Miranda reached in her lunchbox, "Here" she handed Jason half her sausage that she had wrapped up for lunch.

"Enku."Jason had appreciated with a big smile."Pwiice?"He had torn off a little piece of it and was giving it to Miranda.

"Thank you." Miranda said, taking the invisible piece.

I smiled as Jason devoured the piece in peace.

The drive was as occasionally quiet. Once in a while Jason made funny noises when he saw trees moving and then sometime when he was almost done with his sausage, he remembered to say the grace . He jabbered that one until we were at his school.