59.

Anna's P.O.V

"How far along are we?" I whispered to Punzie as I stared at the couple on stage. 

"10 minutes until the finale," she replied. "You better get up there soon, or else you won't have any time to release the bag." 

I nodded. 

"They really are meant for each other, aren't they?" I sighed. 

"Of course," Punzie said, squealing silently. "Eugene already hung the bag on top, the scissors  are already by the ladder. You should think about going soon though, it won't be long before it's Jack's cue."

Lost within the performance, my ears perked up as I picked up on some rustling behind me. I quickly spun around, but was met with immediate darkness. 

"Did you hear that?" I whispered to Punzie, though she was too engrossed with what was happening on stage to notice. 

Sighing, I walked towards the back, where the backstage crew were rushing to get costumes ready for any quick changes, the makeup crew on standby incase anyone needed a touchup, and the clothes desk located at the side, ready to fix any costumes that had ripped during the performance. I looked around and past the bustling people, who were all also busy with their own jobs that they had to carry out. 

Rustle.

Rustle. 

Puzzled, I located the source of the noise, right next to the metal ladder that lead to where the large hangers holding the stage lights were. Walking over, I looked at the sides. 

No scissors. 

Rustle. 

Rustle. 

Looking up, I could just make out the dark silhouette of someone making their way up to the top, the glint of the scissors unmistakeable. 

"Hey!" I yelled, being cautious incase the audience heard. "Get back here!"

Quickening their pace, the figure increased their steps, the creaking of the rusty ladder wobbling beneath her. Determined, I immediately set my foot on the ladder, shooting up so that I could catch up with them before they cut the bag.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" I said, clambering onto one bar at a time. 

Once reaching the top, the figure steadied themselves as they slowly began to cut the thick rope that suspended the bag in the air, their breathing excellerating loud enough for me to hear as I caught up with them. 

"Who are you?" I asked, reaching for the pair of scissors. They immediately dodged, holding one hand onto the metal railing. Suddenly, the lights flickered onto Elsa, who was right at the back of the stage, as she performed her last song. Blinding lights flooded the once shadowed stranger's face, bringing their features into the light. 

"Maria?!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack's P.O.V

"Well...," I said. "I guess this is a goodbye."