LXXII

Harry got home at 10 PM that Thursday night, and he was exhausted.

When he walked inside the house, he saw a light was on in the living room, and when he went there, he saw Jay sitting on the couch, and she was feeding Naomi a bottle.

"Hi, Jay" Harry greeted her.

"Hi, love" Jay smiled at him.

"How where the kids today?" Harry wondered.

"They were good, Naomi didn't cry much" Jay answered.

"Let me take her" Harry offered, and Jay transferred the baby, bottle included, into Harry's arms "Hi, baby princess, I missed you today".

"Bruno called today" Jay told him.

"He calls every day" Harry pointed out.

"Yes, but today he was asking a lot of questions" Jay added.

"Like what?" Harry asked, worried now.

"He wants to know when Louis is coming back" Jay explained.

"What did you tell him?" Harry asked wide eyed.

"That I'm not sure" Jay replied "But he seemed suspicious that I didn't know".

"Shoot" Harry said.

"He's right to be suspicious, it's been almost 3 weeks, love" Jay pointed out "We can't keep the lie for much longer".

"I know" Harry sighed "I just don't want him to take Julian".

"Listen, I know nothing has happened, but I wanted to be prepared in case it does, so I spoke to family lawyer" Jay explained.

"You did?".

"Yes, she's the wife of one of Dan's closest friend, and she's really good at what she does" Jay explained.

"And what did she say?" Harry asked curiously.

"That Bruno can't legally just grab Julian and take him to Brazil without Louis' permission, especially considering Julian has a British passport, not a Brazilian one" Jay told him "But because Louis' not here, if he wants to take Julian he's going to have to ask a British judge to grant him full custody of Julian and allow him to take him out of the country". 

"And what are the chances of him getting custody if you ask for custody too?" Harry wondered. 

"She believes if Bruno fights hard enough he will get custody, but she feels we have a good chance as well, that we have a lot on our side" Jay explained.

"Like what?" Harry asked interested. 

"Like the fact that Julian has lived here all of his life, and he is used to his routine and his family; he has you, who he knows as his dad, and he's attached to you, he has a sister, he has more family that love him and see him all the time, and a judge can't just dismiss that" Jay recounted "She said that a judge had to do what's best for the child, not for the parents, and it might be that Julian's best interest is to stay in England". 

"I hope so" Harry mumbled, as he took the bottle from Naomi's mouth, seeing as she had drank it all.

"But she did advise something".

"What?" Harry asked.

"She said that before we let this thing turn into a custody battle, we should talk to Bruno and try to convince him that Julian staying here is what's best for him" Jay explained.

"Of course we can try that, but I already know that won't work, Bruno will never allow Jules to stay with us if Louis' not here" Harry said convinced.