VI

It had been over a week since Louis arrived in London, and he still didn't have a job, or even a prospect of one.

He had actually been called for an interview to be a barista at Starbucks, which he had applied to online, but when he showed up, the manager's face when he saw his baby bump was enough to know he wouldn't get hired.

But he hadn't given up; he was applying to jobs online, and he was also going out to hand in his resume in person all over London every day.

Well, except that morning, because he had had his doctor's appointment that morning to check on the baby. And it had gone pretty well; he had had blood work done, a physical exam and an ultrasound, and the doctor concluded the baby was healthy and developing as it should at almost 23 weeks. But Louis couldn't really tell what the baby actually looked like, because he had made a point of not looking at the ultrasound screen,  explaining to the doctor that he was planning on adoption, which he understood, and was actually very polite about it.

Louis had just left the appointment, with a prescription for new prenatal vitamins, which he was going to pick up right away, when his phone started buzzing in his pocket, so he took it out, and saw it was an unknown number.

"Hello?" Louis picked up, praying it was someone calling for a job interview.

"Hello, is this Louis Tomlinson?" a woman asked.

"Yes, this is he" Louis replied.

"My name is Delilah Warrens, I own Delilah's Diner, you left your resume with one of my waiters last week" the woman explained.

"I did, yes" Louis replied.

He knew that was the place where he had met Niall, because although he had handed out hundreds of resumes, he had made a point to remember the name of that specific diner, because it was one of the few places he had any hope would call him, and now they had.

"Well, he made a huge case on your behalf, and said I needed to hire you, so I decided I needed to see what the big fuss was all about and call you for an interview" Delilah explained "So do you think you could come in today at 3:30?".

"Yes, of course, I'll be there" Louis assured her, feeling excited.

"Alright, then, I'll see you at 3:30" Delilah stated.

"Yes, thank you" Louis said happily.

They said goodbye, and when Louis ended the call he had a huge smile on his face, and he felt so thankful for Niall, because he had come through despite the fact that he was a completely stranger and that he owed nothing to him.

And even though he was happy, he still tried not to get his hopes up, because this was just an interview, not an actual job offer, but it was hope that things were going to work out.

It was just 10:30 in the morning, so after Louis went to a drugstore to pick up his new prenatal vitamins, he went straight home because he wanted time to prepare for his interview and choose nice clothes for it.

As Louis was unlocking the door of the flat he heard a loud noise coming from inside, and when he opened the door, he realized Harry had moved all the furniture, and he was vacuuming. He actually hadn't seen Harry in a couple of days, as he had left again on Sunday morning, but he knew he had come back last night, because when he woke up that morning, he noticed Harry's door was closed, and his pilot hat had been hanging on the coat rack.

Louis waved hello at him, because his words wouldn't be heard with the vacuum noise, and when Harry saw him, he smiled, making him remember how much he liked him.

"Hey" Harry greeted him, turning off the vacuum.

"Hi" Louis replied as he took off his jacket "You seem busy".