Chapter Ten

Three Months Later:

Thursday, Hyuk's bedroom, 8:30 am, Jaehwan's POV:

- "Wake up, kitten. It's time for breakfast," Hyoggi's voice said from somewhere next to you. You were covered in what felt like a mountain of blankets, and you were so warm and content that you just pulled them over your head.

- "Jaehwanie, don't hide from me. You have to get dressed now," Hyoggi's voice continued, and a hand gently pulled the blankets down again. You cracked one eye open as Hyoggi's fingers brushed your cheekbone.

- "Not hungry," you said quietly, closing your eye and snuggling against him. He was lying on top of the covers next to you, but you could feel his warmth even through the blankets.

- "I don't care if you're hungry or not. You need to eat breakfast. You can eat off my plate like you normally do if you want. Now get up," Hyoggi replied, and you sighed dramatically before kicking off the blankets and rolling away, almost toppling off the edge of the bed in the process.

- Hyoggi laughed softly, but you were now very awake, having put out a hand to catch yourself on the nightstand. You glanced back at your lord... Fiancé... Fiancé lord... king, you still thought of him as your lord in your head, and you saw that he was already dressed.

- "Hyoggi-ah, baby," you said, making your voice sound a little whiney and giving him a mischievous smile. He tilted his head as he watched you, but replied, "Yes, my lovely prince?"

- "Wear something matching with me today, please?" you asked. "I'm already dressed, you can wear something to match with me if you want," he replied. That wasn't good enough for you. Hyoggi usually liked to play with you, but this morning, you were in the mood to play with him a little.

- "I want to pick, though. Please? The people will love it," you asked, making you voice a touch whinier. Hyuk sighed impatiently, but you rolled back over and wrapped your arms around his neck, repeating, "Please?"

- Hyoggi gave you a very appraising look, but the corners of his mouth twitched up a little and he rolled his eyes as he said, "Fine. But don't make me wear anything too revealing." You grinned, surprised at how easy it was to get him to give in, and then kissed him quickly before pushing yourself up out of bed.

- Sehun's subjects had turned out to be overjoyed about their king's death, and they were just as happy with his replacement. Hyoggi's coronation had been packed, nothing like Jinnie's private, family-and-friends-only, ceremony. Every day since then, he had brought you out on the balcony after breakfast, and the two of you would smile and wave for a few minutes at the enormous cheering crowd bellow.

- The amount you enjoyed doing it surprised you. You had never really thought of yourself as a 'people person', well, you had been when you were younger, but you had been too busy the past few years to find many 'people' to 'person' at. You loved Hyoggi's subjects though, and actually started thinking of them as the new people you guarded. You had also picked up a funny little habit of making hearts at them with your fingers.

- It was no secret that you weren't noble-born, but the fact that you were a commoner seemed to make the people like you more. You knew they would love it if you and Hyoggi matched, and hoped he was planning to take you out into the city again, so you could show them properly.

- "Ah-ha! This is perfect," you exclaimed happily, pulling a light pink silk shirt out of your armoire. Spinning around, you held it up, and Hyoggi dropped his head on the pillow as he said dejectedly, "I should have guessed. The one time I let you pick my clothes, it's something pink."