Chapter Nine

Wednesday, Your Carriage, 10 am, Baekhyun's POV:

- Your carriage had just turned onto the driveway of Sehun's seaside palace, and you had never been more thankful to end a journey in your entire life.

- Hyukkie and his 'prince-consort' had been revoltingly affectionate almost the entire time, until Jaehwan finally fell asleep. This whole turn of events had your head spinning. And, Hyukkie had never properly explained his message about Yugyeom's involvement in Jinyoung's death!

- Hunnie and Hyukkie were half-brothers. That was still the fact that shocked you the most. Hyukkie being a power-hungry dick and trying to steal Hunnie's throne didn't surprise you. Your friend had always had his fingers in a lot of pies, so to speak, and it seemed like every recent political scandal could be traced back to him.

- But... brothers? You didn't think Hunnie knew about this. He always treated Hyukkie like a little brother, but the threat to his throne that another heir presented would have been intolerable to him.

- Hyukkie wouldn't tell you anything about his plans, but just said that you should expect things to already be in motion when you arrived. What that could mean? You had no clue, but it had you very on edge.

- "Wake up, kitten," Hyukkie said, his tone so soft you wanted to gag. You stared at your friend's stupid face, trying to make him spontaneously burst into flames, but it wasn't working.

- When the carriage came to a stop, you pushed the door open and jumped out so fast that you almost fell flat on your face. Leaving Hyukkie and his commoner-consort behind, you walked quickly up the front steps, but your entrance was bared by several enormous guards in black.

- These weren't Hunnie's, Hunnie's guards wore red. "Get out of my way," you snarled, having no patience for any stupid guard, no matter who's they were.

- "He's fine," Hyukkie said from behind you, and the guards immediately stepped to the side. This was infuriating!

- Hyukkie and Jaehwan had changed on the way home, now dressed properly instead of in those ridiculous commoner outfits, but you had no clue how Jaehwan wasn't freezing. His stupid shirt was light and sheer, but both you and Hyukkie had on jackets to keep the chill at bay! At least he didn't presume to wear royal purple like the color of the long coat Hyukkie had put on.

- You turned away from your friend and his awful soon-to-be prince, stomping into the giant entry hall and dropping your coat on the floor. At least it was warm in here.

- "Bacon wait up. I think you might want to join us for a quick trip to the throne room," Hyukkie called from behind you. Your heart froze. No matter how adaptable you were, seeing Hunnie dead would be too much to handle.

- "Why?" you snapped, as he and Jaehwan walked up to you. "Because, I'm about to have a quick chat with your master. You won't want to miss it," Hyukkie replied, a malicious smile on his face as he pulled Jaehwan towards the throne room door.

- Taking three calming breaths, you followed them, just now noticing the eight guards in black waiting in front of the door. How did Hyukkie manage all of this without even being here?!

- The door was opened as soon as Hyukkie snapped his fingers, and he walked purposefully inside. You were a few steps behind him when you saw Hunnie tied to his throne, looking more outraged than you had ever seen him.

- "You ungrateful little fucking brat! I'm your king! What stupid game are you playing?! Untie me this instant!" Hunnie shouted, glaring at Hyukkie and tugging on the cuffs binding his wrists to the arm rests.