Chapter Six

Thursday, The Parlor, 10:30 pm, Namjoon's POV:

- You were so pleased with Hobi you felt like your grin was touching your ears. It didn't matter that Yoongi had given him a lecture before Hyuk went to check on Jaehwan. He hadn't backed down in the slightest, and was standing by his, and your, belief that Jaehwan was a traitor.

- All of you had gone to the parlor after finishing a quick dinner and cleaning yourselves up, and you were sitting next to Hobi, running through all the things he had done while he was with the army. Yoongi was pouting, sitting on a chair as far from you as possible and doing his scanning thing with his arms crossed. Jinnie, who was talking to you again, thank merciful god, had gone to check on Yoonsun.

- Getting your husband to speak to you was the only reason you had apologized. That, and Jungkook wouldn't shut up about it the whole way home. Your brother-in-law was sitting on a couch opposite you, having what looked to be a very entertaining discussion with Lord Sanghyuk.

- The spymaster has returned from checking on Jaehwan much quicker than you thought he would. He had walked straight to Jaebum and whispered something to him, a cruel little smile on his face as soon as he entered the room, but it vanished the moment he sat down. You wondered what he had said but didn't actually care.

- "Dude, Baekhyun is being an absolute nightmare. He's throwing stuff at us from literally every angle," Hobi was saying, and you nodded. He had already confirmed Lord Sanghyuk's information about Baekhyun leading the army.

- As you nodded, another nightmare walked into the parlor, but he was closely followed by a dream come true. You ignored the former and put an arm around Jinnie's waist when he sat next to you, before looking at Hobi and replying, "At least we've got Tae."

- "Yes, and his gifts aren't being wasted, but he's only one person. Baekhyun does nothing other than plot ways to destroy us, but Tae is always doing two things at once, like right now with Channie and Lay," he replied, glancing suspiciously at the aforementioned nightmare.

- Jaehwan had very clearly been crying, or had put eyedrops in, and he had gone to sit on the floor by Lord Sanghyuk. He rested his head on his lord's knee, not saying a word and looking very much like his lord's pet. Your taunt about that had just been to make Jaehwan mad, but maybe Jungkook's question the other day hadn't been too far off base.

- Jungkook looked slightly taken aback at Jaehwan's sudden appearance, but the spymaster hadn't even blinked and continued speaking as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened. Your fake- no, old guard captains submissive behavior made you want to slap some sense into him. Their whole relationship was beyond weird.

- "Anyway, since Tae is so busy, you and Kai need to come to the border more. You're better at strategizing than I am, and seeing the two of you looking all kingly reassures your soldiers," Hobi continued, as the two of you looked away from the confusing couple.

- "If all he needs to do is show up and look kingly, then I should go. I'm fantastic at that," Jin said happily. You grinned and squeezed his waist, replying, "I'll have a banner printed with your picture on it, baby."

Jaehwan's POV:

- "I've always preferred the design of Yoroi-doshi knives to the traditional hunting dagger. They are so much more stable, and look nice in pairs," Jungkook was saying very enthusiastically to Hyoggi.

- The prince was such a weapons nerd, you almost wanted to laugh at him. Hyoggisounded like he was enjoying their conversation though, because he replied, "If you like those, you must love Osoraku daggers. They are a bit longer but designed in pairs and meant to be used in tandem."