Chapter Four

Wednesday, A Hotel Room, 2am, Baekhyun's POV:

- Well, at least Hyukkie had updated you once. You had been checking your pager almost compulsively, but there hadn't been any new messages since the first one. Luckily, your current plan for the war could basically run its self for a few days without you having to be there, so you had snuck into the same hotel as your last visit to meet with your two agents.

- They were due to arrive any minute, and you were sitting in an armchair in total darkness, reminding yourself irresistibly of a movie villain. You desperately wanted to know what had been going on, and messengers would be to slow. Plus, it was good to remind them of who they were working for every now and again.

- The lock clicked, and you replaced your smile with a look of disinterest as the door swung open. Good, they had come together. No more waiting needed.

- "Good morning," you said silkily, making your shorter agent jump. The taller one shut the door, and they both bowed.

- "Start talking, what's been going on since Saturday?" you asked, masking your curiosity with a tone that suggested mild indifference. Seeming too eager wouldn't be a good thing.

- "Well, there was a fight, a bad one. Jaehwan had internal bleeding and he was just released from the medical wing this morning. Namjoon almost killed him," your taller agent replied.

- "Everyone is very tense now. Prince Jungkook apologized to Jaehwan for his part in the fight, but King Namjoon still hasn't, and everyone is furious at him for it. Especially Lord Yoongi," the shorter one added.

- "And what about Lord Sanghyuk?" you asked coolly. This was all very good, a fight would fit perfectly with Hyukkie's plan, aside from the part about Jaehwan getting hurt. He probably wouldn't be happy about that.

- "He hasn't left Jaehwan's side, and he nearly murdered Jaebum when he tried to go see Jaehwan to make sure he was ok. I was there, it was super scary," the shorter one replied.

- "On that point, whose side Jaehwan is really on? He's acting like both and it's very confusing, but I need to know if I can speak openly to Lord Sanghyuk in front of him," the taller one asked.

- That was a very good question. Hyukkie had never told you if he managed to sway Jaehwan's allegiance, but despite Hunnie's tormenting and Hyukkie's mind-fuckery, the guard had never actually revealed any private information about Jin or the others, so you guessed he hadn't.

- "Treat him the way you would treat the rest of our enemies until I tell you otherwise. What else?" you replied evenly.

- "Well, King Jongin and his fiancé are still here, but if it wasn't for King Jin, they probably would have left. King Jongin doesn't seem to like your lord friend, and I've overheard them shout at each other's few times," the shorter one said in an annoyingly happy tone.

- So, Nini hadn't left yet. That was good as well. If he had already been mad at Namjoon like Hyukkie said, and if he still had any affectionate feelings for Jaehwan at all, then he must be furious. He was probably getting more unstable by the day! Nini had never been able to handle conflict very well.

- "Good," you replied simply, before turning back to the tall one and asking, "Did Lord Sanghyuk listen when I told him not to act so protective?"

- "Yes, for about a day until the fight. He's the one who broke it up. Before that, he let Jaehwan defend himself. But I think that was because he was trying to show that Jaehwan wasn't brainwashed, rather than not being protective."