Chapter Eight

Saturday, The Basement, 1 am, Jaehwan's POV:

- This was fucking absurd! All of this felt like a crazy dream and you just hadn't woken up yet! Jackson could NOT be Hyoggi's spy! How was that even remotely possible?!

- Jackson was Namjoon's childhood friend and his most loyal and trusted guard! If he was a spy, then literally anyone could be! For all you knew, Jaebum and Ravi were spies as well! You couldn't trust anyone!

- You and Hyuk were following Jackson down the basement hallway in the dark, and it took absolutely everything you had not to start shouting at him. After a few minutes, he stopped in front of your old office and used a spare key to open the door! Where the hell did Jackson get a key to your office?!

- The three of you quietly walked in, and Jackson pressed a panel in the back-wall of the office, opening a hidden door! "Where the fuck did that come from?!" you hissed, but Hyoggisqueezed your hand, and Jackson put a finger to his lips before slipping into the newly revealed passageway.

- After walking along the twists and turns for about 10 minutes, Jackson put a hand out to stop you, and then pulled a ladder down from the ceiling. He climbed up and pushed a grate out of the way, and you could see the night sky as you followed after him.

- Hyoggiwas right behind you, and he wrapped his arms around you as soon as the three of you were standing in open air. The passage had brought you out about a half-mile down the road from the castle. "Go ahead," Hyuk said softly, and you lost control of your temper.

- "You're Namjoon's best friend! He's your fucking king! How could you spy on him, you stupid fucking snitch!? What could my lord have possibly offered you to make you flip on someone you've known since you were a kid?!" you shouted, barely pausing for breath before continuing.

- "I fucking trusted you, you lying piece of shit! I left you alone with Jin! Even worse, I left you alone with Yoonsun! How long have you been a traitor?! And did you know about Suho? What other shitty things have you done behind our backs?!"

- Hyuk was chuckling quietly, and Jackson didn't look at all put off by your shouting! The world must have been turned upside down, because nothing was making sense!

- "Hey, don't be so high and mighty! You're on my lord's side too," Jackson replied, not answering your questions and sounding remarkably calm as he grinned at you. "That's not even remotely the same thing!" you snapped.

- "My lovely boy is right, he's never actually given me any information on Jin or Namjoon," Hyoggisaid softly, and Jackson's grin changed to a look of incredulity. "What?! Even I thought he was a traitor!" Jackson exclaimed, but you were having none of that from him of ALL people!

- "Don't even start with me Jackson, I can't fucking believe you! I would die for my lord, but I'm still loyal to my friends! Even if they hate me now!" you shouted. Hyoggihugged you tightly, still chuckling as he said, "That's one of the things I love most about you, kitten, you're so loyal."

- Your angry, shallow breathing from a moment ago caught in your throat. Hyoggisaid he loved something about you... but this was neither the time nor place to have an emotional meltdown!

- "Let's get the fuck out of here, I've had enough surprises for one night," you said quietly, turning in Hyuk's arms and resting your head on his shoulder.

Time skip: The Dining Room, 9 am, Yoongi's POV:

- After Jaehwan's temper tantrum yesterday, he and his lord had never come to dinner or joined the rest of you in the parlor like usual. You weren't surprised by that, why would they want to after whatever Joon had done to piss Jaehwan off?