Chapter Two

Thursday, Hyuk's Guestroom, 11 pm, Jaehwan's POV:

- The news that King Kai was coming was making your very anxious for several reasons.

- First, the thought of seeing Kai after your drunk encounter with him and Prince Yugyeom was incredibly uncomfortable. It had also been right before you were kidnapped, and you weren't sure if he had been hurt or not.

- Baekhyun's agents apparently drugged the water Kai had a servant bring after everything was done, and all of you had passed out. But Kai was at war with Sehun just as much as Jin and Namjoon were. Something bad could have easily happened to him, you didn't know.

- Secondly, you were very worried that he was only coming because you were here. Yoongi had never returned to lunch, or joined the rest of you for dinner, so you had no clue, but why else would he want to come right now?!

- If he was in fact visiting because of you, Hyoggiwouldn't be happy. At lunch, he may have looked calm, but you could tell he was pissed and just trying to hide it. He must know what had happened with you and Kai, but you weren't sure if he knew all the details.

- Namjoon and the other two had continued their interrogation after lunch, but you were so consumed with worry that you had barely answered any questions. Jaebum had insisted on joining again, and he looked angrier than he had any right to. Thank god it was over for today.

- You were standing in front of the sink, brushing your teeth and looking at the clean, straight scars on the side of your torso where Sehun had cut you. He really was a sick fuck. You barely noticed the one on your face anymore, but these ran all the way down to your mid-calf and would take some getting used too. Reminding yourself to think of them as just another battle wound, you lowered your t-shirt, finished brushing your teeth, and walked out of the bathroom.

- Hyoggididn't seem to care about your scars or think they were ugly, so you were just in a t-shirt and boxers. It was an unseasonably warm night, and you scanned the room for the switch to turn on the ceiling fan.

- "Jaehwanie, what are you looking for?" Hyoggiasked, watching you from where he was sitting on the enormous bed. "Fan thingy," you replied distractedly. Sleeping in the heat was almost worse than being tortured.

- There was a very loud knock on your door, and Hyoggiwas off the bed and walking towards it before you had even turned your head. You always forgot that he could move as fast as Sehun if he wanted too.

- "What?" he asked impatiently, pulling the door open as you walked up behind him and rested your palm on his shoulder blade. Unlike you, he was still dressed, but the top few buttons of his shirt were open, and his hair was a bit tousled.

- To your surprise, Jaebum was back, but he was standing behind a very irritated looking Yoongi. Why would Yoongi want to talk to Hyoggiat 11 pm? Surely, he had better things to do.

- "I don't know what your deal is now, but if you still care, I thought you should know that Kai is only visiting because Tae told him you were home," Yoongi snapped, glaring at you over Hyoggi's shoulder.

- You froze in place, looking from Yoongi to Jaebum and back again very quickly. "Why? Nini had his fun, I'm sure he's lost all interest in my Jaehwanie by now. Or is this because of his guilt?" Hyuk asked evenly, filling the silence when you didn't reply.

- What guilt? You didn't know what he was talking about and didn't want too. You just wanted everyone to drop the subject. Taking a half-step away from the door, you turned to stare at the wall, trying to ignore the others as they continued talking.