Epilogue 2

As I made my way down the aisle, the only thing I was looking at was my future husband. It was as if everyone else in the room had disappeared. We were two souls coming together to unite as one. My heart beat faster in my chest as I finally reached him and he reached out his hand for me to take. I slipped mine within his strong grasp and he surprised me by pulling me into a tight hug. “You look so beautiful my Luna,” he whispered so only I could hear. “I love you so much, I feel like I’m on cloud 9 right now”. I squeezed him tightly and whispering “I love you more” in his ear before pulling away and smiling at him. Julius returned mine with a brilliant grin, a proud look upon his face.
“Shall we begin?” I heard a voice say and we turned toward the crowd, to see my mother facing us, a shimmering white cloth between her hands. I beamed at her as I nodded vigorously, causing laughter throughout the crowd. My cheeks burned in embarrassment, but Julius squeezed my hand slightly to assure me.
“As former Goddess Veondra…and as a mother, I am so very pleased to welcome everyone to the wedding of my daughter, Luna, and the Salamander Official, Julius”. There was an enthusiastic round of applause with a couple whistles from some troublemakers. “Now kids, please say your vows”. I felt silly for feeling so happy that my mom had called me a kid.
“Julius,” I started nervously as I turned toward him. “First, let me say that I am so happy you would let me experience and Earth wedding. It means so much to me to be able to have the day I’d always dreamed of. Especially if this is the first one everyone is attending,” I added, motioning out to the crowd. “Since my first ‘marriage’ wasn’t what I’d hoped it would be, I’m glad we switched it around a bit. Speaking of that, I also want to say I made a huge mistake in the first place, I never saw the evil lurking beneath his exterior, falling for his tricks. I’m sorry for that.” I twisted my face. I am not going to think of all the bad things on this day. “At the beginning I thought Julius was a heartless player, toying with women’s emotions, but as we became closer, I realized that you have a soft side to you. I also realized that I would do anything to be by your side. Through everything, I want to be the one that you kiss goodnight, or share problems with. You were there for me when I needed someone the most, and you snuck right into my heart. For that, I love you”.
By the time I had finished, there wasn’t a dry eye in the building, including mine and Julius’s. Seeing the man I loved moved by my words made me cry even more. “Luna,” he started. “I don’t want you to focus all the bad things from the past, just focus on us. There’s nothing to be sorry about, as you went with your heart’s decision. I never dreamed that I would be chosen to help rule the kingdom by such a loving, powerful, beautiful young Goddess. You really take after your mother.” he turned and flashed a smile to Veondra. Turning back to me, he continued, “I didn’t realize it at first, but you are the light in my life. I would chase you to the end of the world and it makes me so happy to know that I get to claim you as mine. I love you so much, Luna.” Julius ended with a lopsided smile. I beamed back at him, happier in that moment than I could have ever imagined I’d be.
Veondra waited a few moments before speaking again. “Now, do you, Juilus, take Luna to be your wife, in sickness, in health, joy, and despair? United as one until your last breath?” Julius gazed into my eyes and said, “I do”. My mother turned to me and repeated what she said to Julius. “Do you, Luna, take Julius to be your husband, in sickness, in health, joy, and despair? United as one until your last breath?”. “I do,” I told Julius with tears in my eyes.
“I now pronounce you husband and wife. Julius, you may now kiss your wife,” I heard my mom say in the back of my mind. I couldn’t focus on what she was saying as I was locked in the arms of my beloved. In fact, the rest of the night was a whirlwind of emotions. The pure happiness, the relief, the desire.
As I lay in bed that night next to my sleeping husband, I couldn’t help but think about how lucky I was. Though there was so much fear in my first couple of months in Shendhea, I wouldn’t trade any of it, since I found the love of my life here, and my mother, I never thought it was possible. I had one last thought before drifting off into a peaceful sleep, I’m finally home.

A/N: Well, that's the end. So sad to see it done but in glad too :) I love how it turned out!