Epilogue Part 1

"Deep breaths," my mother said softly, resting her hands on my shoulders. "There's no need to be nervous, everything is going to be perfect." She looked me in the eyes in the mirror and smiled confidently at me. I know there's no need to be nervous, but it's still a big day. How could I not be?? I took a deep breath on my mother's orders. "Perfect, I promise you." she told me, tucking a stray curl behind my ear. I stared at the beautiful woman in front of me. She had on a lacey-white dress, a long veil cascading down her back and her curls pinned in an updo this time. It didn't even feel like I was looking at myself, I didn't recognize the woman she's become.

Over the past few months my Mother has been showing me how to serve the kingdom as the Goddess. I couldn't even put into words how happy I was that I had my mother by my side to show me the way. Of course, I couldn't let my mother take all the credit, Julius and the other two men helped me tremendously as well. My thoughts went back to the days after the "incident". "Why was I able to have visions of where Kailani was?" I asked Maxwell. "You were connected. When you take that vow to be by each other's side, a special bond forms between the two of you so you can protect each other." I listened to his explanation patiently until he finally answered my question completely. "I believe the reason you were able to have visibility and hearing from him is because he is a very special Undine. He is able to control dreams." I gasped when I realized all of my nightmares were probably caused by Kailani. A few tears slipped from my eyes in anger and Maxwell hugged me quickly before taking his leave to attend to other matters.

I felt the bed dip and glanced over to see Julius sitting beside me. One look is all he needed before enveloping me in his arms. I instantly calmed down as I took in his sweet scent. "There's something I need to discuss with you." Julius whispered into my ear after a couple of minutes. "What is it? Are you okay?" I leaned out of his arms to peer at his face in worry. He chuckled, assuring me everything is okay. "This is about us.." he looked down, as if he was nervous. He looks so adorable when he's nervous. I smiled at his vulnerability. "So, the other night...I think we imprinted." Confusion shown clearly on my face, I asked, "What? How?"

Julius went on, still sounding nervous. "Imprinting happens when a pair have a connection that surpasses any other, the two souls destined to be together...and it awakens with a kiss." I tried to process in my mind what was happening, but my cheeks flushed when I remembered our first kiss. My heart started beating rapidly as I realized what I wanted to do. I looked up at Julius through my long eyelashes, my cheeks still tinged pink, before slowly leaning in for a kiss. The kiss said everything I'd wanted it to, which Julius returned with surprised enthusiasm.

I pulled away from him and just gazed into his eyes with a goofy smile on my face, Julius's mirroring mine as we tried to slow our ragged breathing. "Ahem- Luna," Julius started, rising from the bed and taking my hands in his to pull me to my feet. I watched him shift his fingers around in his pocket, looking for something. I was confused, but suddenly, he took one knee. In surprise, my hand flew up to cover my mouth, meanwhile thinking Is he really doing what I think he's doing?!

Sure enough, Julius was grinning up at me, a delicate ring placed between his long fingers. "Luna, this isn't how we usually do things in Shendhea, so bear with me, okay?" I nodded my head as I was incapable of speaking in that moment. "Luna, I know that I haven't always behaved the best in the past, but the past is the past. Ever since I met you, I have no other thoughts but about you. I love you more than you will ever know. Will you make me the happiest man in the land and marry me?" Unsurprisingly enough, I still wasn't able to speak properly in fear of bursting into tears. I nodded and watched with my other hand clasped to my mouth as he slid the ring onto my finger. As soon as he was done, I didn't even wait to admire the shiny ring. I flew into his arms, knocking both of us to the ground in the process. I landed straddling him while his back lay on the floor and I quickly bent down to hug him as well as I could with him being on the ground. I felt the heat of his body as he wrapped his arms around me. After a few moments, I pulled away staring into his gleaming eyes before leaning in once more. This time, I crashed my lips on his as I still couldn't form any words in my mouth I was so elated. He seemed to have understood as he brought his fingers up to softly caress my face and twirl strands of my hair between them.

I bit his lip as the kiss intensified. Suddenly, he flipped around, not breaking our embrace as he carried me to the bed. I felt the soft sheets under my skin as he slowly laid me down. After a couple of moments, Julius pulled away, making me open my eyes to question him. "Luna.." he started. "Are you sure..?" he trailed off, his eyes burning as they bore into mine. I smiled at him, thinking, He is so thoughtful. "Absolutely." I whispered after pulling his head toward mine to rest our foreheads together. That was all he needed to connect his lips to mine once more.

After that night, we planned the wedding fairly quickly. Within a week's time, my mother and I had planned the majority of the event, with Julius helping with the rest. The royal seamstress created a beautiful dress based on my imagination; she certainly had a gift for it. We had all taken every moment we could spare to plan, right up to the very day of the wedding.

I finally felt I was ready to take that vow, this time opting for a traditional wedding from earth. Everyone loved the idea since they had never seen one, even my mother, so it was up to me to do most of the work. I didn't mind though, the others had already done so much for me, I wanted to do something nice for Julius.

I stared at the beautiful ring, with delicate golden roses intricately woven into a band and small stones of aquamarine fitted between the vines, before looking myself in the eyes, I tried to gather my nerves and be strong. "Okay," I told my mom, but mostly myself, "let's do this thing." I picked up the hem of my dress and walked through the corridor to the hall entrance, my heels clicking with each step and my mother trailing behind me, a bundle of my train in her arms. My hands fidgeted with my bouquet of flowers as I waited for the large doors to open and reveal the bride. I could hear the processional as Max, Leo and Kairi walked down the aisle. I heard the officiant tell the crowd to stand and face the door and my heartbeat quickened in pace. A light pressure on my arm as my mom wound hers through mine reminded me that I wasn't alone. I smiled at her, unable to speak because of all the emotions I was having. She beamed a proud smile back at me and didn't say anything as well, I could see the tears in her eyes.

Here we go... I thought to myself as the doors slowly swung open. I glanced around nervously as I took a step forward. The decorations had been exquisite, thanks to Julius. This was one of the surprises he had taken upon himself to plan. Needless to say, I was thoroughly surprised. There were white lilies and pink carnations with blue orchids spilling over everywhere. I wasn't sure how Julius had found out what my favorite flowers where, but they fit together perfectly with the white tulle lining the pews, hanging from the ceiling down to the floor behind the altar, and strung in various other places. I noticed a few spots had twinkling lights behind the tulle, which made it look like an evening fairy wedding.

Once I had taken a few steps, I stopped searching around and spotted Julius straight ahead of me. He had a hand clasped over his mouth as his gaze penetrated mine, trying not to spill the tears over in his eyes. Though the look on his face made me want to mirror him and shed tears, it also made my heart clench as I realized I have never been more in love with anyone.