10

A/N: I have reworked the first few chapters(spell checked by word as well lol) and they should not be changing. If you're this far by 6/7/17 I would suggest rereading the story :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

After what seemed like only a couple minutes, I awoke to a warm breath on my exposed neck. I couldn't make sense with what was going on as the breathing was warm but I my body was chilled. My eyes fluttered open as chills made their way down my body. I shivered as I awoke to a pair of glowing blue eyes gazing back at me. Thankfully we were in the darkness so Kailani couldn't see my blush that flowered on my cheeks. I felt a cold hand cup my cheek as his eyes closed and his lips just touched mine.

As I softly kissed him back, he pushed himself into a very compromising position above me, while never breaking the kiss. I tangled my hands in his hair, deepening the kiss. Wanting to be as close to him as I could, I grinded my hips against him. He took his large, strong hands and held the back of my head up as he lifted me up to plant kisses on my neck.

My back arched as I felt a cold prick on my neck. Did he Just....-And suddenly there was a warm sensation throughout my body. I relaxed into the bed as he hooked his fingers around my pajama pants. I felt my nervousness melt away as his deep blue eyes found my gaze.

When I awoke the next morning, I glanced over at Kailani who was fast asleep next to me. As quietly as I could, I lifted the covers up and slipped out of bed, making my way to the closet. As I groggily trod to the oversized mirror, a gasp escaped from my lips. Realizing I was fully nude, I looked away in embarrassment. I rubbed my neck as I relived the events from the night before. Snapping my eyes back to the mirror, I lifted my hand to reveal a small bite mark. I inched closer to the mirror, running my fingers over the delicate mark as I examined it. I jumped as I heard a creak on the other side of the door, signaling that Kailani had woken up.

After quickly pulling on some clothes, I looked in the mirror and grabbed a scarf to cover the mark. I took a deep breath and turned around to open the closet door.

"Well hello," He said as I emerged fully clothed. I quickly noticed that he had put a pair of pants on. I smiled at him, slowly inching towards him. Rather than standing a safe distance away from me, he closed the gap between us and pulled me into his arms. I smiled into his bare chest, I could definitely get used to this. He surprised me by planting a kiss on my cheek.

"I want to take you somewhere special today," He said as he pulled away. "And no, I am not going to tell you where," Kailani added when he noticed the look on my face. "Okay," I agreed, childishly sticking my tongue out at him. Once I realized that I was their goddess, my cheeks burned bright. Suddenly, Kailani started laughing. My gaze jolted up and I saw him smiling at me.

"You can be yourself around me, you know," He kept smiling and added, "You can around the others as well. Honesty is the best attribute of being the Goddess of Shendhea".

My cheeks burned as I remembered the locket I picked up. I was about to ask him about it but my gut told me otherwise. I smiled up at Kailani as innocently as I could manage. After a second, his lips pulled up, but his grin didn't quite reach his eyes. Fear rippled through me as I realized he knew I wasn't being genuine.

Before I could say anything, I heard a knock on the door and Kailani swept to it, a courier appearing with a letter. Kailani shut the door quickly and turned back to me as he carefully opened the letter. Groaning, he said "I'm sorry, we're going to have to reschedule". I nodded my head, feeling a bit disappointed. "Could you at least tell me where we were going?" I pleaded with him before he turned back around.