8

A/N: The picture above is kind of what I picture Luna like in some kind of dress/casual thing going on ;P

.......................

I slept dreamlessly that night. Although I had woken up chilly a couple times during the night, I had to admit that it was a pretty good night's sleep. At least the bed was comfortable, though I wasn't anywhere near comfortable with Kailani. It was sweet that he decorated the room just for me. I couldn't imagine him needing a vanity.

I giggled at the thought of Kailani sitting in front of my mirror with the lights turned on all the way around it; brushing through his shoulder length hair. His straight black hair had a twinge of midnight blue in it when the sun shone. I sighed as I imagined his piercing aqua eyes peering at me from the mirror.

"What are you thinking about?" a low, quiet voice asked from next to me. I jumped as it pulled me out of my fantasy and spun around on the mattress. My heart was pounding already but when I saw it was my mate, it quickly went into overdrive. I could feel a blush rise to my cheeks as I stuttered an incoherent answer.

"You are adorable when you blush," he whispered on my neck as he pulled me onto his lap, keeping a blanket between us. I secretly thanked him for doing that because I would have otherwise frozen my buns off. His lips grazed across my forehead before he kissed it. I leaned my head up and kissed him, softly. After a few seconds I pulled away and looked up into his eyes. I could see my own in them, which made me smile. He ran his hand through his hair as he bent his head lower and kissed my forehead again.

"Alright," he told me as he started to move out from underneath me. "I have work to do. Why don't you go find something in the castle to do?". I nodded and lifted myself up and off of the bed. I silently watched as my mate gathered his things and and opened the door.

"Hey.." his eyes softened as he quickly walked across the bedroom to me. "Can you please promise me something?".

I nodded, thinking maybe he would say something romantic like Julius or Leo would.

"I ask you politely to stay inside the castle grounds, with an elemental by you at all times if you are outside of the castle". My face dropped a bit but I tried my best to sound okay as I promised him. He smiled at me for a couple of seconds and then turned around, with a quick goodbye. He was out the door before I could even get any words out of my mouth.

A stray tear slid down my cheek as I sat back on the bed. I felt a sudden fatigue as more came crashing down onto my arm. I didn't even bother to try and wipe my arm, I just buried my head in the blanket and opened the floodgates.

I was sobbing into my blanket for a few minutes before I heard a faint knock on the door.

"Goddess, May I come in?" a voice, who I had Identified as Maxwell, floated through the door. I sighed, Who else would it be? He was the only one who would know I was crying.

"Yes, of course." I spoke quietly, knowing he would hear me.

The door opened quietly and Maxwell slipped through. I still had my face buried in my knees when I felt him sitting next to me on the bed.

"Luna, what's wrong?" he whispered while putting his arm around my shoulder and squeezing it. I didn't bring my head up because I didn't know if I could handle seeing him right now.

"Did I make the wrong choice?" I asked him after I'd calmed down a bit.

"Hey," he encouraged, pulling my chin away from my knees. "Look at me. Your heart chose, don't doubt yourself". As Maxwell looked into my eyes, I felt a wave of relief wash over my entire body. I felt relaxed, finally.