9

I dreamed about Kailani that night.
We were in a field surrounded by wildflowers as we enjoyed a picnic, under the evening sun. I laughed, throwing my head back as he told me a joke, which caused him to crack a smile. As we talked and laughed, the sun was slowly sinking past the horizon. Kailani must have noticed this as his eyes softened, entrancing my gaze. I smiled as he slowly inched his face towards me. Closing my eyes, I waited for our lips to touch. When I didn't feel anything, I peeked an eye open, only to be blinded by the morning sun.
That's when I realized it was a dream.
Sighing, I fought the sun as I pushed my eyes open all the way. I welcomed the morning heat with the shining beam of light through the glass of the window. I slowly uncovered the warm blanket I was cocooned in and sat up, stretching.
"Well good morning," Kailani smiled from above his book as he looked down at me through his reading glasses that were perched gracefully on his nose. I jumped at the sound of his voice.

"Good morning," I told him after I caught my breath. When I remembered what happened in my dream, I looked down, becoming frustrated. I suddenly felt colder as I felt a hand on my knee. As I turned to look towards the hand, I suddenly felt a pair of cold lips inches from mine. I snapped my eyes closed as he hesitated a moment, but soon felt his icy lips pressed against mine. A cold sensation ripped through my body. As he pulled away, I let out a sigh because it was a mix of a cold shock and a painful sting; though it was pleasant as well. I opened my eyes only to find Kailani wasn't there. I had a strange feeling as I was happy he kissed me, but was torn by the fact that he left. Perhaps he just doesn't know how to express his feelings.

Sighing because I didn't know what to think, I stood up and opened the door to the closet. After a bit of searching, I found a comfortable dress that reached down to my knees. It was sleek with a soft material that draped down my back. As I stripped down to my bra and panties, I found out the dress wasn't very easy to put on. I struggled for a couple minutes and finally walked out of my closet with my arms stuck above my head and the dress stuck over my head.

"Let me help you with that," someone suddenly purred in my ear, causing ripples of shivers down my neck. I was about to protest but felt heated hands graze my skin as they help pull my dress down over my hips. His fingertips lingered, leaving a hot trail on my thigh for a moment after pulling the fabric down.

My face was crimson as I had mixed feelings about this. Julius slowly stood up and smiled sweetly at me, his eyes burning a sultry gaze at me. Looking down at me, he took a small step closer. As I froze in my spot, my mind went blank. It took me a few seconds, but I came to my senses and took a step back.

"No," I told him firmly, stepping my foot down.

"Oh what a pity," he replied, stepping toward me again. In an instant, I was backed into a corner with Julius pinning my wrists above my head, and somehow touching only them in the process. "Your lips tell me no but I can see it in your eyes that you want to say yes," he breathed into my ear. Pulling away just as quickly as before, he winked at me.

I softly slapped his arm as he laughed. "You need to behave. Promise me," I growled at him, which caused a light chuckle to arise from Julius's lips. I glared at him but it soon changed to confusion.

Julius must have noticed my look of confusion; " I can't promise that," he told me with another chuckle, "at least, I can't promise that in private". He held a hand out as he sweetly murmured, "I'll be the best gentleman in public," as he tucked a stray strand of hair behind my ear. My cheeks were tinted pink as I tried to keep a smile off of my face and looked to the door. For a moment I locked eyes with a pair of dark aqua ones. They were so dark that I almost hadn't recognized them, but when I saw the flash of dark hair, I knew it was Kailani. Pushing past Julius, I sprinted for the door. I looked down all three hallways, but didn't see any signs of life beside the plants that grew in large pots.

"Kailani?!" I shouted down the hallway. Without waiting for an answer, I barged into the closest room to me. I looked around me and there was no sign of Kailani. As I turned to my left, something shiny caught my eye. There was a staircase leading down into total darkness, but just a few steps down was a glint of light. I quickly walked toward it and fumbled around as I tried to find the thing that reflected the light from the hallway.

As I searched, my fingers suddenly felt something cold and hard with what seemed to be some kind of chain linked to it. Wrapping my fingers around the mysterious item, I stood up and shoved it in my pocket, walking out of the room and closing the door. I forgot about Kailani as I quickly strode back to my room. After I shut my bedroom door, I sat down to examine the object.

Delicately slipping my hand into my pocket, I pulled out what looked like a locket of some sort on a chain. In the center lay an amethyst, and what looked like a backwards S chiseled into it. Running my fingers along the dainty metal edging, I noticed there were also words engraved into the metal. It looked to be saying "Fiondeso Novali". Hmm. I wonder what it means..

Just as I was thinking about the meaning of the mysterious words, I heard the doorknob turn. Quickly hiding the pendant away in my pocket, I picked up a book and snapped it open to a random page.

My back arched a bit with fear as I heard the door slam, but I kept my composure. Expecting to be yelled at, I was surprised when he took my book out of my hands and picked me up, spinning my towards him. I tried to catch my balance but was soon pressed against the wall, with his lips on mine. I heard a growl-like noise from his chest as he pressed against me. It all happened so quickly that the shock of the cold wasn't even on my mind. I closed my eyes and kissed him back, my hands entangled in his hair. Taking his lips away from mine, he moved them to behind neck. As my mate steadied his breath, he gazed at me with possessive, glowing eyes.

He started to move away and I reluctantly let go of his soft hair. Smiling at me, he kissed my cheek before turning away. I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face as I climbed into bed next to him. After a couple moments, I began to drift off to sleep; with the last thing I think about his that this may be okay after all.