3

I woke up in a strange place. My eyes couldn't quite focus and my vision was blurred for a few moments. When I could finally see clearly, I realized I was nearly nose to nose with a man and gasped.

"Goddess" he also gasped as he sprung back. "I am so sorry.." I noticed his aqua colored eyes and realized it was Kailani staring back at me.

"What's going on?," I asked with a dry mouth and throat.

"You have been asleep for six days; you fainted soon after you arrived".

"But my head feels fine.. I should have hit my head on the ground."

He looked down at the floor and muttered something. After I asked him to speak up, he said, "I caught you right before your head hit the floor".

I was shocked that it had been him. That must have been what the blue blur was... I thought to myself. For a moment, I pictured him standing next to me as my united after I had been endowed as Goddess. "Wait," I said, "You mentioned I was asleep for six days?". He nodded, his eyes soft. "So that means..."

"You have one day left to choose a mate". He mumbled this as he stood up and poured me a glass of water. My heart started to pound a little faster as I thought of how little I knew about these men.

"You will have a quarter of the day that is left to spend getting to know me, and one with each of the other men as well". He handed me the glass and I took a long drink and I realized how incredibly thirsty I was. I suppose that being asleep for six days straight will do that to you.

"Okay.. so what's your favorite thing to do?" I asked to break the silence that hung in the air.

"One of the activities I enjoy is going to the beach and taking a dip in the cool water". When he said that, it had reminded me of something that I had wondered about earlier.

"Oh, that reminds me..." I looked down, a little nervous to ask him about it.

"Hey," He whispered in my ear, "you never need to worry about what you say to me, I will hear anything that is in your mind, my goddess". I lifted my gaze to meet his and he smiled at me.

"Why are your hands so cold?," I blurted out. He gave me a surprised look but gained his composure moments later.

"When did I touch you?," he asked, and I noticed a flicker in his eyes as he ran his hands through his hair in frustration.

"When you kissed my hand. Now that I think about it your lips were cold too".

"I am sorry, my goddess; I tried to spare you from shock. You see, my body temperature is much lower so I do not freeze underwater". He walked over to me and held out his palm. I glanced at his palm and he shoved it a bit closer, beckoning me to feel his skin. I held my hand out and closed the distance between us. When my fingers touched his palm, I felt the sting of the cold.

I looked up at him and nodded, "I see. If I love someone, I will find away to be with them".

"Thank you, m-"

"No," I cut him off, "Please, just call me Luna". I smiled to reassure him it was alright to have less formality.

"Thank you.. Luna". He returned my smile and added, "Swimming is my favorite activity".

"Well what do you know, I like to swim too," I gazed shyly back at him. "Okay, now what are some neat things that you can do?".

"Well I-," he stopped as the clocks chimed loudly. He guided me to the door and opened it for me. I waved goodbye as I walked through the doorway. Suddenly I was falling off of the ledge of the door. After a few seconds of falling, I was engulfed in total darkness.