14

"Luna honey?" the woman cooed kindly. This woman... She- "Are you okay?" She asked quietly, cutting off my thoughts. I nodded my head, noting I wasn't in any physical pain. "Where are we?" was the only thing I could manage to get out of my mouth. She smiled sadly at me before explaining she doesn't know either.

After a few moments of silence, another question popped into my mind. "Are you the lost goddess?" I whispered, watching her reaction. She was surprised by the question but quickly regained a radiant smile that creased her eyes. "Yes, I suppose I am the lost goddess. I have been captured down here for.. I don't even know how long. I am also..." she paused, hesitating but opened her mouth to speak again. Suddenly the door swung open and Kailani appeared with a wicked grin stretched across his face.

"So, you ladies having a little heart to heart?" He smirked as he took a couple steps forward. I instinctively flinched back, but the lost goddess placed a hand on my shoulder and lightly squeezed it. I gained the courage to look back at Kailani and he had appeared a foot away from me, leaning toward me with a curious expression on his face. "You haven't told her yet.. Interesting." he said dazed before repeating the same words I heard before. I saw the familiar flash of blue in his eyes as mine quickly closed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

[Julius's POV]

I gave goddess Luna a smirk that felt much more confident than I felt and sprinted out of Luna's bedroom toward my own. I had no idea where he was or how much time we spent kissing goodbye, but I had to act fast incase Kailani showed up. Kiraric, I breathed and saw my hands and feet slowly fading away as I focused on the invisibility spell. Good thing I did too, as a few seconds later Kailani entered from a room at the end of the hallway.

I froze, all of my concentration on remaining invisible while trying not to breathe loudly as he stepped closer and closer to me. A couple feet from me, Kailani suddenly stopped and slowly turned his head toward me, his eyes searching by my face. "Hmm. I guess it's not crooked.." he muttered to himself after a few seconds of concentrating where my head is and continued stalking toward his room. Confused, I glanced behind me and realized there was a painting on the wall.

I took this opportunity to tip-toe the remainder of the way to my room. As much as I'd hated it, I respected the goddess's wishes. She is our goddess after all. But on the other hand, she could be in trouble... Ahh Shit I must protect her. I thought just as my fingers touched the doorknob. I slowly pulled my hand back and turned to the hallway I'd come, but everything that came after happened so fast. I felt a fist connect with my face as a cold voice whispered, "I thought I saw something crooked". Registering the pain shooting through my face from the fist, I took more blows to the chest with his hands and feet. I was suddenly feeling woozy as I felt a strange sleepiness wash over me, the pain fading from consciousness as well.

Mmm... Where am I? I thought to myself as I sensed something soft and warm underneath me. I slit my eyes to see a high ceiling with a small chandelier hanging from the center, 5 small lights adorned with golden accents. Ahh! I'm in my room, it came to me as my mind started to work faster. How did I get here? I shut my eyes tight in concentration as I tried my hardest to recall the previous events.

Oh Luna... I cried as the past resurfaced in my mind. There was one thing that I couldn't shake. I had remembered getting assaulted by Kailani, but I don't remember walking back to my room. "Whatever, not important right now. I need to try and find Luna." I gazed at the ceiling a bit more, willing myself to move. Instead a memory replayed in my mind.

I was taken back to when I took goddess Luna up the north tower. I walked behind her up the spiraling staircase, watching her long legs at each step. I didn't realize I was staring until I heard the old door creak open at the top. Pushing it open, she stepped out onto the balcony, her long, silvery hair splaying out behind her with the sudden rush of wind. My eyes widened as I took in her wonderous look, a smile eased onto her beautiful face. I could feel my cheeks blush in embarrassment as I was captivated by her radiant smile. What's wrong with me? I thought to myself as I pried my eyes away from her. There's a great view all around me, but my eyes keep searching her out. All I want to do is hug her... I didn't realize what I was doing until it was happening.