5

After a long day of getting to know everyone, we all ate together at the large, wooden table. Dinner was the most delicious thing I have ever eaten. It was chicken pot pie and for dessert we had a cream pie. Of course a Goddess should eat like a Queen. I thought to myself as I ate my dessert. Finally, I said goodnight to my new housemates, but not before Kailani ask to escort me to my room. After getting changed in my dressing room, I laid down in bed and Kailani sat in my chair across the room from me.

"I have to do what?" I shrieked in a small voice. I could feel the blush quickly rising to my cheeks as I covered my face with my hands. "You have to consummate the bond between you and your partner.." I heard Kailani whisper in a low voice.

"And that's the only way to unlock full access to my powers?" I asked him nervously as I lowered my hands away from my face and gazed into his deep, blue eyes.

Kailani nodded and added," and you have three more days to choose. You will have your ceremony on the seventh day". He rose from the chair and kissed my hand before bidding me goodbye and hurrying out the door.

Wonder what that was about...

I sighed and snuggled back into my blankets, and thought about who I would choose to be my mate.

The next day, after a restful night, I awoke finally feeling refreshed. Despite the looming anxiety and stress hanging over my head, I was in a chipper mood as I strode through the halls to attend breakfast. I approached the large wooden doors, pulling them open with a small amount of difficulty.

"Well good morning, Lovely." the sudden voice made me jump.

"Good morning Leo," I replied after regaining my composure.

"Would you care to join me for a stroll in the woods, my Goddess?" He asked me, casually- I smiled and nodded in return.

We walked along the dirt path beneath the thick forest and chatted aimlessly. After laughing to himself, Leo mentioned that someone named Kairi told him the best joke the other day. "Is that the former goddess?" I interrupted him. His eyebrows raised- Did I say something wrong?- but suddenly he started to laugh, holding his belly. I felt my cheeks heat up as embarrassment arose from my core.

"No," he said, wiping a stray tear from laughing, "She's my sister!". This peaked my interest, so I cocked my head to one side, looking up at him through my lashes, "You didn't tell me you have a sister.".

"I guess I just forgot.." Leo pondered as he stroked his chin with two fingers. "Yep," he said nodding his head, "that must be it". I giggled softly as he joked around.

He turned to look at me suddenly, his eyes somber. My heart leaped into my throat as I realized the poor soul is suffering beneath his usual, optimistic exterior. "When I was sixteen, my parents passed in a terrible accident," he paused to take in a shaky breath before continuing, "Kairi was only seven years old. I was put in charge of her after that and I've been her caretaker since then". He kicked a rock as we slowly stroll down the forest walkway. I didn't say anything- I didn't know what to say.

"Would you like to meet her?" he suddenly asked. I smiled and told him I would be honored. He returned the smile and seemed more himself than before. "She really is amazing though- best sister I could have asked for!". I smiled to myself as I thought of how adorable he is. I laughed as he playfully punched my arm, telling me not to make fun of him anymore. "Whoops," he whispered in my ear, "I shouldn't be punching the goddess". I rolled my eyes at the formality of some of the others. I'm glad Leo was able to be himself around me, despite the fact that I was like a princess in this realm.

"But really, would you like to meet Kairi...now?" Leo asked nervously, his eyes darting away from me. "Of course," I told him, surprised.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------