41.

"Just breathe big boy, everything is fine" Blake folds her hand around Mason's and kisses his cheek to gain his attention.
"I do not understand. This thing is more than my whole pack could lift, how are we not falling?!" He panics looking down, out the window to the small town below.
"Magic? Physics? I don't know but trust me when I tell you we are perfectly safe"
"I trust you.... you do this? You can make these things fly?" Mason finally turns to her.
"I've never flown anything this big, but yeah the principle should be the same" she smiles.

The fact Blake managed to talk him into this is still surprising. He almost turned around in the car. Almost ran when he saw the large throng of people at the airport, it was more than he thought existed.
Blake isn't sure how he'll react when they land at LAX, but she's glad Hartley will be there to collect them.... imagine the conversation if Mason was to engage a taxi driver?

She isn't at all sure this is a good idea, Blake has her own reservations. This trip isn't about mending fences, she doesn't want her family back. She has her family now, she has her place. This trip is about closure.

This trip is about rubbing Mason in her parents face.

Her mother will love the new addition to Mason's arm, a traditional tribal tattoo as initiation into the pack. Blake absolutely drools over it, talk about sexy.

"I think now we are far enough away from prying ears, you should tell me what secrets you share with my mother that have you both red faced and smiling" Mason scowls trying to open the small packet of peanuts with his big hands.
"It doesn't please you to see both your queens happy?" Blake giggles.
"No..... I mean of course it does. But the way you both look completely guilty has butterflies in my stomach with concern"

"Alright.... your mother isn't ready to announce it yet, but Mase? You're going to be a big brother, Aurora is pregnant.... The goddess has blessed her with a premonition, it is to be a girl" Blake spills the beans.
"What?!" Mason chokes on a nut. "How?"
"I have a book, you can borrow it if you like" Blake laughs at her man sitting there shocked.
"Does my father know?" He thinks carefully.
"I don't think the blood sacrifice is something that could escape his attention"

"But.... I just got them back. I thought we'd have a few hundred years together before another child would come along, and even then I thought it would be ours" he pouts.
"Another child doesn't mean they will love you less, you're their first born son... nothing can change that, not even a tiny little princess with big eyes and chubby cheeks" Blake sighs smiling.

"Blake?" Mason asks cautiously.
"Yeah big boy?" She sighs dreaming of little fingers and sweet cuddles.
"You're not....? You couldn't possibly be thinking....? You don't want one of those do you?" He stammers nervously.

Blake turns to look at his face, her fingers comb through his beard and she smiles imagining his dark eyes on a tiny face.

"Of course I am. Making little Mason's.... how could I not? But you can let go of that breath, I don't want any for at least a few decades" Blake giggles watching him turn blue.
"Oh thank the goddess" Mason sighs.
"Are you not? You don't want to lay me down on the roof and make love to me under the moonlight?"
"I would many times over, just as long as the baby blanket is locked securely in the closet. I've watched those little things running around. They're noisy and they smell" he wrinkles his nose.
"But with my eyes and my smile?" Blake presses.
"Then I would surely give her my heart, they are two of my most treasured delights" Mason smiles and leans down to kiss her nose.

"I think for now we can make do with a little sister, no babies just yet" Blake lets him off the hook.
"As you wish my bride" Mason smiles with relief.